Parts of Fly

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Body parts of a obliging bluebottle. Shot with my Panasonic and the Raynox MSN 202.

No1 is my fav.. what lens did you use for that?? :)

Yeah that's spot on, added it to the top of the post now :D Thanks for looking fraggle101. :D

I`m beginning to think the bugs round your place are the size of footballs! you dont live near a nuclear powerstation do you? Superb as usual.

Now you are just showing off!!! :p PUT THE MICROSCOPE AWAY!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:notworthy:

:agree: excellent shots

I like to be different, No. 2 is my fav - the first is an excellent shot but no. 2 has you wondering what it is for a moment :)

Ajophotog, have you ever considered selleing some of your amazing pics to Raynox and/ or Panasonic for use as advertising material. I am sure your pics will be better than any of their existing material.

Ajophotog, have you ever considered selleing some of your amazing pics to Raynox and/ or Panasonic for use as advertising material. I am sure your pics will be better than any of their existing material.

:agree: I think that's a brilliant suggestion!!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and comments they are very much appreciated.
Torque as for selling, there are lots of macro shooters out there that are far better than me and I'm sure my photos have no monetary value.

fantastic first shot, what kind of ratio are you getting on them, that antenna i assume is 100% crop? If it's full frame i'm gobsmacked.

fantastic first shot, what kind of ratio are you getting on them, that antenna i assume is 100% crop? If it's full frame i'm gobsmacked.

Tha antenna is about half the original shot, the other two are full size pretty much, just resized for the net. The closest I get is about 6:1 I think. I see 3mm on the screen.

hmm puts my 1.8:1 lens to shame hehe

Trouble is Wez the closer you get the narrower the focal plane. on my canon with my 70-300 full set of tubes and the raynox I get 8.7:1 :D:D

More great Macros AJ. How do you steady the camera for your Macro shots?

More great Macros AJ. How do you steady the camera for your Macro shots?

I just hand hold them Mitch. If i can get a rest off of something I do but normally I'm stretched awkwardly and have to use one hand :LOL: I use flash at 1/250 and as it's all close up it's like using 1/1000 because the flash freezes the action. Nothing like your teleshots of those birds where you need support for the long lenses.

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics of a not so gorgeous subject, although at such magnification they look good. Wouldn't date one though, unless his name was Geoff Goldblume (sp?)! Anyway, there seems to be a bit of a recurring theme with your pics - are you an entemologist by any chance?

Helen

Back