Passed a railway museum in the middle of nowhere !

R

RobC

3950939613_ba9121d1c1_o.jpg

3950939209_936a8d1255_o.jpg

3950939383_a73bdcdace_o.jpg

Thanks for looking. I deliberately stayed away from shots of 'entire things' and concentrated on details. C&C gratefully accepted.

Those are great. Good composition, great exposure and an interesting subject matter. I can never seem to get that level of detail or something I can't quite put my finger on in my photos. The first one in particular.

Very nice shots - well composed, well exposed - great stuff :)

Where was the museum?

WOW !!

Thanks so much guys, your comments have really 'bostered' me.

The museum is in Quainton, Buckinghamshire, it's fantastic, 3 quid to get in and you just wander wherever you want, there's a period station, sidings, a scale steam railway...... I could go on.

Hmmm. That's only 20 odd miles from me. Must give it a look some time.

An impressively sharp and detailed set of almost abstract images, Rob. All great, and #1 especially so. (y)

You got some good abstracts there :)

The nearest museum to me in the middle of nowhere is the Drainage Museum... woop! :p

Prickwillow near Ely! Never been, but read about it... it's all about the drainage of the fens all them years ago!

:LOL: I drove past that the other week and though 'A WHAT?' :eek:

Yes indeed! If you want the obscure, I suggest a copy of *cough* "Testicles to Alton Towers" (or very similar title,) wherein you can learn about:
The British Lawnmower Museum, Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, Diggerland (I kid U not - evidently very popular,) Barometer World etc...
What treats await us off the beaten track!

Excellent Rob you are so right there is a veritable mountain of interesting shots to be taken in museums like this a lot of this stuff was built when design was design and engineering had beauty built into it. I live very close to the National Rail museum in Shildon Co Durham and have been in there a few times (as it is free) there is also a museum in Darlington but you have to pay to get in there but you have inspired me to go back and take another look.

I like em Rob the first one is the pick for me spot on photography great to see.

Rgds
Bill

Nice shots - good to see some detail of these old steam trains. I like no 4 the best - nice lines.

By the way, you haven't lived until you've been to the Guernsey Tomato Museum! :LOL:

Back