Passing Squall

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this image on Skye, back in November and just now getting a chance to process.

This squall passed through in a few minutes across the Sound of Raasay.

Best viewed on black

8331122882_d2a6b17557_b.jpg

Nice shot, Gerald. Very moody and atmospheric. I agree that a black background helps show this shot to best effect.

This has a very serene feel to it. Lovely.

As above, lovely moody shot. I'd just correct the horizon a little as it seems to be tilting off to the left a little.

I had to let this grow on me for a while, but it did, it looks minimilistic (is that a word?), but it's quite complex when you get under the skin of it, and all the different elements come together very well.
Yep, I like this a lot.

Soo good!! Love the atmosphere in the shot! Also something a bit different which is nice!

Thanks Paul. It was dawn atmospheric when I was taking it. Wind was going through me like a hot knife through butter.

This has a very serene feel to it. Lovely.

Thanks Ruth.

That is quite simply stunning.....(y)

(y)(y)

As above, lovely moody shot. I'd just correct the horizon a little as it seems to be tilting off to the left a little.

Cheers

I've spotted tilt since posting and dropped the right hand side a little. The horizon is ok, it's a combination of the land shape and the way the light on the water is running.

Great mood, light and depth. Beautiful shot.

Thanks Mark. Exactly what i was after. :LOL:

I had to let this grow on me for a while, but it did, it looks minimilistic (is that a word?), but it's quite complex when you get under the skin of it, and all the different elements come together very well.
Yep, I like this a lot.

Hi Les. It's a word and thanks for your comments. It does need to be viewed on black to get the full effect; to see how it all works together.

Less is more. I like that.

Back