Passport Photo's

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello folks, I need to renew the passports for myself and my wife and am wondering if it easy to do myself. I fancy having a go at it.

Taking the picture will be straightforward enough but it is the printing out at the correct size that will probably baffle me. Is there any 'free' software available that might help me do this.

We used to have a camera shop in town that provided this service but unfortunately they have closed down now.

Thanks for any help that may be offered.

The thing that has to be right is the background colour. I just use the machine in the post office that I know is right and then use the check and send service.

That looks good nog, thank you for that. I will give it a go.
Thank you for your comment wave01

We did our own several years ago against the wall and photo box had a preset size......it was a month after I'd got my first camera! One of the few times the wife let me take a pic of her!!

I always do ours, friends, etc... And print them, knock on wood, never an issue. An unlit white wall / background is perfect for the right shade of grey.

They only cost a fiver. Is it really worth the hassle of doing them yourself? By the time you've set up a background taken the pictures and printed them it's gonna be at least an hour to do. Would you work for a fiver an hour? It takes two minutes at the post office.

They only cost a fiver. Is it really worth the hassle of doing them yourself? By the time you've set up a background taken the pictures and printed them it's gonna be at least an hour to do. Would you work for a fiver an hour? It takes two minutes at the post office.

I did ours against an unlit magnolia wall. Took two mins. All ok. The wife did mine. This was not long after I'd got into photography and didn't really know what I was doing. No hassle. Would have cost 20 quid for our family. We got them for about 6-8 quid on offer.

You pays your money you takes your choice!!

It is hassle but easy enough if you've got a white backdrop and some decent lights. Take a head and shoulders and play with sizing in Photoshop etc, a bit fiddly but perfectly achievable. As for printing though - depends on your printer quality - I ended up sending away to photobox to print them out in the end!

Back