Beginner Passport picture for a baby

Name
Angelo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello my dear friends.
I'm facing a real problem at the moment and I need to ask for your advice, please.
Our baby is 2 months old and I need to apply for a passport but I struggle to understand how can I take a suitable picture. Photo boot is not an option as they won't accept pics we hold him up.
I haven't got a clue what to do ?!
Thanks a lot in advance.

Assuming as your a member of TP then you have a camera:) Take it yourself, I took my grandsons photo. Sat him in his pushchair on a white blanket/towel bounced flash off the ceiling. It was fairly straightforward

Assuming as your a member of TP then you have a camera:) Take it yourself, I took my grandsons photo. Sat him in his pushchair on a white blanket/towel bounced flash off the ceiling. It was fairly straightforward
I've got no problem taking the picture, I don't know how to downsize it to the right format for a passport picture. Then I think I can take it to any printing shop (no names mentioned), I'd guess.

Don't you have any shops near you that do passport photo's?

I've got no problem taking the picture, I don't know how to downsize it to the right format for a passport picture. Then I think I can take it to any printing shop (no names mentioned), I'd guess.
Do you have any image editing software? If you do you can work to these specs here https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports and either print them yourself or send them off. The requirements for children's passport photos are not as strict as adult ones, especially in children as young as yours. Alternatively, as Kev suggests, find a local shop/photographer that does passport photos.

solid white background, lie your baby on their back, wife/girlfriend stands next to you with baby's favourite rattle/toy, you shoot from overhead - job done! ;)

I found a local shop and they've done it for £6. No hassle and I don't know how much the printing would've been if I had taken the pics myself but it's all sorted anyway. Many thanks for your replies.

It's a ludicrous piece of officiousness, isn't it? Lasts until they are five years old. Absurd.

Anyway. Fire off a few quick snaps with him/her sitting up, propped with pillows if necessary, against a white background while waving something to get the baby's attention. That's what we did and we ended up with a few usable photographs, although he looked half amused/half startled in the one we eventually used. He's nearly five now and still has this passport with a picture of him as a two or three month year old. Utter nonsense, but it's the law.

Last edited:
Back