Password protecting Web Galleries

Edit My Images
No
Hey folks,

I've been using Jalbum to upload galleries to clients, but now need password protection. Unfortunatly Jalbum doesn't seem to be able to password these galleries and is clashing with .htaccess on my webserver.

Does anyone have any recommendations for gallery software that you can password?

Cheers

Hey folks,

I've been using Jalbum to upload galleries to clients, but now need password protection. Unfortunatly Jalbum doesn't seem to be able to password these galleries and is clashing with .htaccess on my webserver.

Does anyone have any recommendations for gallery software that you can password?

Cheers
gallery2

can you not just use a separate .htpasswd file if it's causing you problems? just create a new directory outside of your www root with the new .htpasswd file and point the new .htaccess file to it.

Alternatively use one .htpasswd file with multiple users defined, and have separate .htaccess files in your image subdirectories pointing to the single .htpasswd file.

Remember, .htaccess files in subdirectories override .htaccess files higher up the document tree...so you should have no issue.

Gallery2, piece of ****

Back