Pasta Ideas

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Wondering if I can rack your brains about some pasta dishes. we are doing our own catering for our engagement party and need to cook a vat full of pasta salad.

Ideas for recipes would be good, I was going to go down the simple boiled pasta with pesto run through it but apparently that's not acceptable :nono::shrug:

so any if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them :D

thanks!

Why not just google italian pasta dishes or recipies.

Pasta with creme fraiche, cherry tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, add one of:
smoked salmon
chopped grilled chicken/ham
tuna

Onion/red onion/chopped spring onion works with any of the above too ;)

For the veggies: (EDIT: I haven't got the recipe but we serve it at the rest. I work at)

Butternut squash and parmesan taglietelle.

Wife used to cater for largish buffets and suggested pesto, possibly stretched with a jar of Lloyd Grossman's sauce of choice.

is it to be hot or cold ? , if cold then a good dollop of mayo / salad cream / primula cheese spread / tuna / sweetcorn and tomato ketchup goes down well here , heart attack in a bowl but well nice :LOL:

homepride.jpg
??

I'm a massive fan of cold tuna pasta salad. I often make a huge bowl that will keep me going for lunches for 4 or 5 days. Just tuna, pasta, red & yellow peppers, cucumber, celery, tomato and mayo...i also add some salad cream and horseradish just to give something more to the flavour because mayo's too bland for me.

My mum also often makes a chicken and mango pasta salad when we have guests over for lunch. All the usual salad bits plus some grainy mustard works a treat and always goes down well.

Cooked chicken, lettuce, green olives, chopped tomato, onion and mayo is a fave here

Jar of Uncle Ben's sweet and sour sauce and a pot full of pasta, always first to go at our BBQ's and easily made.

Do 2 types:

1 - Pasta with an oil and lemon juice dressing with black pepper, small dice of red onion, pepper, sweetcorn and parsley.

2 - A mayo based one, maybe with ham, tomato - thin the mayo with lemon juice a little, grated cheese and chive.

Mayo, curry powder, coriander plus any chopped meat, your choice.

Couscous also makes a quick and easy salad dish with roasted veg - scrummy

Why not make a pasta Vindaloo?

pasta, cheese, bacon/chicken/bacon+chicken, fresh basil if available not if not

make up a 15kg bag of pasta's worth and sorted :p

I love cold pasta served simply with peppers, onion, sweetcorn and some mayo run through it. Chicken can also be added for some meat content.

Hot I like it with tomato and finely chopped chorizo (spelling?)

What about twirly pasta with Frankk furta sausages chopped, green, red and yellow peppers, sweetcorn and light mayonnaise. Serve it hot or cold. Mmmmmm.

some of these threads are getting pasta joke.

Personally, i favour the first response, you'll find millions in a second.

Back