Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

hayle towans at godrevy end
loads of pp

cheers
geof

I like this but I think that it would work better in B&W :thinking: I think that would set the sky off more (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

it did cross my mind but was running out of time...
might do it later
it reminded me of the crossing of the red sea..:LOL:..which was in colour:thinking:

Cropped too tight, not enough shadow, good subject though ;)

I like this Geof. Could be a scene from Jarassic Park. I'm waiting for the Dino's to pass through.

Very, very nice Geof. I'm fond of B&W, and this may look good in that medium, as well, but I like this almost surreal look. You've pushed the PP to the edge, but kept it just in check. There's a 3-D quality that is very appealing. I was going to say this has a Middle Earth look to it, but have changed my mind...it's more of an H.G. Wells "Journey to the Center of the Earth" shot. Thanks for sharing!

Nice shot Geof.

Let me know your opinion if you cropped off the right to the sand and the left to the vertical crack in the rock about 8mm in.

:)I used to play between them on my holidays

Sorry, but I'm not liking this one, IMHO of course.

For me the follwoing would help

I'd like to see the sandy path start on the left hand third having rock to the right and left of it all the way through the frame. As it it is you've cropped the water and the sand on the left hand corner.

There is too much rock on the right hand side which takes up too much opf the frame and doesn't hold enough interest to justify the space it takes. A lower angle would help, and would also help with my next point.

There is not enough sky, which looks like it has the potential to add something extra to the frame. A lower angle would have helped.

However, in saying all the above, the location looks to have great potential.
Though I see you're from Manchester so hopefully the holiday isn't over!

Very, very nice Geof. I'm fond of B&W, and this may look good in that medium, as well, but I like this almost surreal look. You've pushed the PP to the edge, but kept it just in check. There's a 3-D quality that is very appealing. I was going to say this has a Middle Earth look to it, but have changed my mind...it's more of an H.G. Wells "Journey to the Center of the Earth" shot. Thanks for sharing!

thanks Hunter
that was my take...something not of reality

Sorry, but I'm not liking this one, IMHO of course.

For me the follwoing would help

I'd like to see the sandy path start on the left hand third having rock to the right and left of it all the way through the frame. As it it is you've cropped the water and the sand on the left hand corner.

There is too much rock on the right hand side which takes up too much opf the frame and doesn't hold enough interest to justify the space it takes. A lower angle would help, and would also help with my next point.

There is not enough sky, which looks like it has the potential to add something extra to the frame. A lower angle would have helped.

However, in saying all the above, the location looks to have great potential.
Though I see you're from Manchester so hopefully the holiday isn't over!

i accept your critique and will try a rework based on it
cheers
geof
what holiday?

Nice shot Geof.

Let me know your opinion if you cropped off the right to the sand and the left to the vertical crack in the rock about 8mm in.

:)
well that would be radical...but i will have a look

Very interesting shot, Geof √
Looks like the location has lots of potential.

Just checked back in now I'm on the home computer.

I still think the composition could be improved, but the colour in the rocks is much better on my home computer
a fair comment..i use a laptop and no matter which way you look you cant get the shot to be the same intensity
i usually look up and down at right angles to the screen and then estimate the shot at that position
i my however download some of my stuff to a pc...and get a fright:geek:
cheers
geof

Hi Geof,

I like this image just as it is. It really makes me want to go forward and explore what lies beyond.

Philip

Thank you Philip..glad you liked it...it turned out a bit better than i thought with some extra dodging

Lovely exposure nice detail throughout (y)

ditto Kevin.. i think i may be getting somewhere with the cocktail of pp software i am trying to use effectively...doesnt work all the time
and for a greenery shot...as i am advised..always too saturated
but for me the surreal is more interesting than the real
but the real real is unsurpassable...and until the sun shines again i must use the helps i have in my armoury
cheers
Geof

You certainly are getting a grip of this wonderful world of P+P, its IMO a cracker ;)

(y)having said that...:thinking:
i must keep up the effort
glad of your appreciation
cheers
geof

Back