Patistan arrives

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
hello friends, am new here. add me. My interest is in professional photography.
what's the best nikon camera to purchase that enables video recording

Hi, As the last person said "D800".

Patistan Patrick from Nigeria, is that really you?

Last edited:
Add you to what exactly? Don't know much about nikons but you couldn't go far wrong with a D800 as said above but if your looking at professional video recording why not also look at professional video cameras?

Hi Patistan - welcome to TP :wave:

The question is a bit vague really! There are so many different cameras, and most of the modern ones will do a good job of video capture. Can you say roughly what your budget is and what sort of photography you do?

Come on people, give the man a warm friendly TP welcome as we keep telling everyone we are!

Is it April 1st? Just in case it's not, welcome.

Possibly the very same Patrick from Patistan Studio that can be found at several other popular social media and video sites with a quick search on Google :)

hello friends, am new here. add me. My interest is in professional photography.
what's the best nikon camera to purchase that enables video recording

Afraid I know very little about Nikon cameras, especially for video, but Hi anyhow, Patrick.

Last edited:
If video is more important than still imaging, why look at Nikon. The Canon 5D MkIII is vastly superior in the video department than the D800. Once past ISO1600 it makes the D800 look crap in comparison. I own a D800 BTW.... so this is not a biased Canon user saying this. If video is more important to you than still imagine... 5D MkIII. Simple as that.

If still imaging is more important though, then the tables are turned... but not by much. Both are excellent.

If video is more important than still imaging, why look at Nikon. The Canon 5D MkIII is vastly superior in the video department than the D800. Once past ISO1600 it makes the D800 look crap in comparison. I own a D800 BTW.... so this is not a biased Canon user saying this. If video is more important to you than still imagine... 5D MkIII. Simple as that.

If still imaging is more important though, then the tables are turned... but not by much. Both are excellent.

Exactly and thanks to the fact that the mk2 that came before being a video superstar the peripherals that can be added to a 5D3 can build it into a monster of a video camera

In the Nikon's defence... up to ISO1600, the D800 is great. After that though.... oh dear.... :)

The canon has a whole raft of peripherals and firmware tricks that the Nikon system doesn't too.

Video = Canon 5D MkII/III

There really isn't an argument to support the use of Nikon gear over Canon for video.

Back