Pavillion Gardens by night

Looks much better in black and white.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Disagree - love the warm glow of street lights and snow

Great result (y)

I like the BW version very much.

Great composition, I like the stillness of the pond and all the windows in the building in the back.

I agree about the b&w version - I personally prefer the whiteness of the snow.

I really like both of them.

Can you tell me what kit you were using? camera, lens, filters extra

Many thanks for all of your comments, I never thought of the black and white conversion and it looks good. I am going to try it with a few of the others I got.

I used the 7d, 15-85 Lens on a tripod. Settings were 100 ISO, f18, 27mm with a 25 second exposure. The only filter I have is a UV one to protect the lens to be honest. This only the 2nd time I have been out at night with the camera so was quite impressed with what I got. I will post a few more pictures tomorrow evening when I get back on the PC.

The hardest part was dodging the snow balls that kept whistling past my head/camera! In all fairness to the kids though I asked them to not do it while I had the camera out and they stopped. I had to run once I had but the camera back in the bag though ;)

Prefer the colour version but find the reflection of the street lamp very distracting. Perhaps a lower viewpoint would have taken this out. Nice shot though.

People I suspect will all disagree I guess but my vote goes with the colours version, great range of tones. Mono is nice too though!

Back