Pawprints

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Who's been walking across my CD collection??

4169391431_f8b4f86d04.jpg

Bigger

4169391805_7cdffa26c1.jpg

Bigger

Carl

It must have been a splog monster!

They look pretty cool :)

loving you work!
have been giving this a go myself, but I am having a problem.... can get the droplets pin sharp but cannot get my discs totally dust free, any advice?

loving you work!
have been giving this a go myself, but I am having a problem.... can get the droplets pin sharp but cannot get my discs totally dust free, any advice?

Run them under some warm water and dry them with a lint free cloth, I use an old cotton hankie (one that's been washed several hundred times!). This will help to some extent but dust is unavoidable really, just keep an eye out before you setup a shot and I end up using the clone stamp tool in PS rather a lot..

ah pretty much what I have been doing, so not a think you can totally get rid of without a little help then! ta very muchly :D
Shall post some of my attempts up, would be grateful if you could share your thoughts on them, if I ask very very nicely? pwetty pwease :D

ah pretty much what I have been doing, so not a think you can totally get rid of without a little help then! ta very muchly :D
Shall post some of my attempts up, would be grateful if you could share your thoughts on them, if I ask very very nicely? pwetty pwease :D

Feel free to start a new thread, they're a pretty alright bunch in here ;)

Cool shots. I had problems putting three big drops on a CD so I can see you must have put in some work to achieve these :clap:

Cool shots. I had problems putting three big drops on a CD so I can see you must have put in some work to achieve these :clap:

I'll share a couple of my secrets ;) :

1. They're drops of glycerine
2. Use the head of a pin to consistent(ish) sized drops

Patience is a virtue, as is a steady hand and good light:)

I'll share a couple of my secrets ;) :

1. They're drops of glycerine
2. Use the head of a pin to consistent(ish) sized drops

Patience is a virtue, as is a steady hand and good light:)

Thanks for the tips. I will give it a shot at some point, I bought an A1 sheet of black card today and am going to have a try at some smoke trail shots later. I love these forums full of interesting ideas for me to try (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a shot at some point, I bought an A1 sheet of black card today and am going to have a try at some smoke trail shots later. I love these forums full of interesting ideas for me to try (y)

Be interested to see the results of your smoke trail shoot, yet another on my "must try" list!

Posting a couple right now and more once I sort through the 200 or so I took :LOL:

Back