Pay day purchases...

I bought a Fuji X10 from the classifieds on here. Fabulous!!!! Keeping the DSLR though and all the paraphernalia.

I bought a Fuji X10 from the classifieds on here. Fabulous!!!! Keeping the DSLR though and all the paraphernalia.

Wise move Neil.

I had 2 x D300's a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 and a Siggy 150-500 which I used for rugby & football, but because I suffer from Lumbar and Cervical Spondylosis and had a 5 month layoff, my kit sat in my Peli case not being used and when I decided that I would have to give up as club photographer for my local rugby club I decided to sell all my gear.

Oh how I wish I hadn't sold it.

That was 6-8 months ago and I have had to go out and buy a DSLR so I bought a D90 from the classifieds, now trying to save up to buy the same lenses that I sold...."lol"

Repairs / parts to get the car through he MOT :(
That sucks mate...mine cost me £500 in January, just what I bloody needed after Christmas!

OK, here we go...and I felt physically sick on Friday morning when I added up how much I'd spent...

4x Sandisk Ultra 2gb cards
Water/shock/vomit proof 'Tuff Box' SD card case
Battery grip
2x batteries
Backdrop support system
3x backdrops
Renewed my website subscription
Tamrac System 6 bag

That's all replacement stuff though, so nothing 'new-new' if you follow.

And I've still got studio time booked to fork out for :eek:

EDIT: And a plastic storage box from Poundstretcher to store my brollies and cables in :LOL:

Last edited:
That sucks mate...mine cost me £500 in January, just what I bloody needed after Christmas!
And I've still got studio time booked to fork out for :eek:

EDIT: And a plastic storage box from Poundstretcher to store my brollies and cables in :LOL:

Tell me about it, I had a £500 bill on the car in March as well.

I was hoping to buy some studio lights to play with or a 70-200 lens

canon 650d with kit lens, wireless remote trigger, and flash recievers and new vanguard skybourne 53 backpack

how i love payday!!!!

how i hate waiting for next payday......

Nothing. :(
Been on Job seekers since January so been selling stuff to get myself through the last 7 months.
I start a new job on Monday though so when I get my first pay day at the end of September I will be getting a 20mm to replace the 14mm lens that I recently had to sell and will be getting a second body, probably a GF3.

Good luck for tomorrow mate, I hope it goes well

Repairs / parts to get the car through he MOT :(

I'm holding off until MOT time too, need to get it booked in.

I did buy one of those Dyson handheld hoover things with a carpet attachment :|

Payday plus bonusses meant a trip to the shop and out I came with a new sparkly Canon 5d mk3. Lovely piece of kit, cant wait to try it out properly.

A tank of petrol, should last me for about 6 months as i'm going back to uni in 2 weeks and the car is staying at home

Also sent off a Bronica ETRS for repair with hopes to sell it on and make a few £££ on it

Nothing. :(
Been on Job seekers since January so been selling stuff to get myself through the last 7 months.
I start a new job on Monday though so when I get my first pay day at the end of September I will be getting a 20mm to replace the 14mm lens that I recently had to sell and will be getting a second body, probably a GF3.

I second that good luck for tomorrow.....

Samyang 8mm Fishy and some 8x42 binoculars

Picked up a 16-85 nikkor yesterday;bought while I can still afford to_Oh and a spare battery and Cokin filter holder off here.

Just had a new ball head delivered. Gitzo GH1780FQR.
It looks like it's too small for the job, but copes with a gripped 7d and 400 5.6 on it very well :cool:
Now if only I could stop looking at the Feisol tripod site....... :D

And a Jessops flash gun, 50mm 1.8 lens, uv filter, LCD cover, hot shoe level and a raynox 250.

I think that will do until next pay day, although it is my b-day this month :)

Plasterboard for the walls and all the wood for the infinity curve for my home studio. Now just looking at a pantograph system for the next payday.

This today.

2mfztc3.jpg

Out of my pay day bonus I have treated myself to a Lowepro event messenger 150 bag and also an OpTech strap as the standard Nikon strap is doing my head in. The rest I am going to save with a baby on the way...............though I keep looking at Nikon D7000's as the good ISO levels keep tempting me into thinking it be good inside for baby portraits with my 35mm f1.8.

7949053126_239e68d458_b.jpg

Itch finally scratched, gives me 2.8 all the way from 17mm to 200mm (almost!). I fear it may make my 85mm redundant, however...

Giottos mtl8361 carbon tripod.
2nd hand but still got the tags on. More than I wanted to spend on one, but now got stability with weight saving.

A new portfolio!

Upgraded my Nikon D5000 to a D300 and i'm really impressed!!

Ben

Picked up a 16-85 nikkor yesterday;bought while I can still afford to_Oh and a spare battery and Cokin filter holder off here.

Oh yes and i forgot Yongnuo wireless shutter -release,d300 and lightroom guide books,adaptor rings for the Cokin a Cokin nd filter,lens pen and Marumi protector filter for the 16-85:D.
Oh and I keep looking longingly at Think Tank retrospective bags,sigh,,,,and second-hand speedlights:naughty:.

3 alien bee B800.
Strip banks
Soft boxes
Parabolics
Octoboxes
Pocket wizards
Beauty dish
Sensor cleaning kit
2 new custom straps from Phat straps
It was a good pay packet this month for once and my other half let me go crazy.

Back