pay pal issues

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
i hope it is in the correct section this is technology so i think it is

i have sold 2 items on ebay and both have come under pay pal payment review i have had these before but not 2 one after another has any one else come across this

is a by pure luckthis has happend or is it something i need to do etc

im using a premier account on pay pal and im all verified

Sounds like it's more to do with the value of the items and/or your seller rating. Hard to know though without all the details.

i have feedback short of 400 posotive 0 negative and a couple of neutral's registered with pay pal as a premium for 3 yrs now with verified account

item i sold was £35 inc delivery other was for £66 area inc delivery

its now bugging me

could it be because the other person is not verified

I've had that twice,

1/ Are they asking you to become a business account?

2/ Inland Rev were doing a check.

Unfortunately paypall are a law unto themselves and I'm afraid there's no real logic sometimes. I had an instance a few years back where the guy I sold something to (on eBay) had a completely unwarranted slur on his name from someone else he's sold something to. But because he then used the money from his account to pay me, they blocked me too! It took a couple of weeks to sort out and I've never trusted them or said a good word about them since.

I'll use them when it's convenient to do so but that's all.

cheers

i only use them normally if i can get rid of stuff on here example

apple op software put up here for £45 delivered just sold it on ebay for £66 plus delivery

i thought it was pay pal being pay pal

dont see why there should be any other issue

The IR do random checks to determine if items sold are unwanted or if there is profit being made and undeclared. Lets face it, there are now heaps of part time ebayers trading away quite the thing and not declaring a penny to the taxman.

The IR do random checks to determine if items sold are unwanted or if there is profit being made and undeclared. Lets face it, there are now heaps of part time ebayers trading away quite the thing and not declaring a penny to the taxman.

is that ebay accounts or pp accounts plus wouldn't they have to get warrants to do this?>

they would if it were a bank account im sure

If your accessing your paypal from different computers it can cause a issue as the security software See's multiple IP's accessing a account and it can flag it as it thinks the account may have been compromised.

i only ever use 2 computers and these are the same 2 im on today so souldnt see why after 2 years there would all of a sudden be a isusse

thanks for the suggestion dogfish

and thank you to everyone else for you answer's / sugestions

Paypal put a hold on funds for certain types of items. The hold is removed once the buyer leaves positive feedback.
I got caught when selling an old mobile, and had to email them eventually as the hold wasn't removed when the buyer left feedback.

that is a diffrent type my feedback is over 100 that normally happens below the 1st 100 feedbacks

it is only a 24 hour payment review

the hold is normally items over £100 i belive but both items are below this and are not electrical either

Heh, I had no idea, really? That could put a few M42 & other old lens lens traders out of business then (unless of course they're already declaring). From what I've seen there are a whole bunch of professional eBayers these days, especially since the downturn started!

Back