PAYG and credit expiry question.

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I may have asked this before.......though a while back so things may have changed in the PAYG market.

I use a dual SIM phone and really appreciate that my 3 service credit never expires. However, the Giffgaff one has the "don't use it for 90 days and they close the "account" and take the phone number away :("

So, does anyone know of a PAYG provider that is like 3 where credit never expires?

FWIW I have found it beneficial to have a none 3 SIM as signal coverage does vary a tad and the alternative Giffgaff (basically O2) has an active signal when 3 does not!

TIA for the feedback & insights :)

Hi all

I may have asked this before.......though a while back so things may have changed in the PAYG market.

I use a dual SIM phone and really appreciate that my 3 service credit never expires. However, the Giffgaff one has the "don't use it for 90 days and they close the "account" and take the phone number away :("

So, does anyone know of a PAYG provider that is like 3 where credit never expires?

FWIW I have found it beneficial to have a none 3 SIM as signal coverage does vary a tad and the alternative Giffgaff (basically O2) has an active signal when 3 does not!

TIA for the feedback & insights :)
Sorry cannot help but will watch the thread as it would be good to know.

Mine's on Virginmobile and doesn't expire but I make a point of using it 2 or 3 times a year :eek: so they don't think I died.
We have no signal here so it is not a significant part of my life but have various apps on it and sometimes need data while out.
Very rare to actual use it as a ... phone, hardly anyone knows my number for a start.

My main phone is on Virgin Mobile but my backup phone has a PAYG GiffGaff SIM. Once a month I ring or text the Virgin phone from the GiffGaff phone which fulfills GG requirements.

Thanks all for the insights and thoughts.

Yes, it is a matter of keeping the usage "active" and other the period I have had the 3 SIM, in the early days there were periods when I did not use the phone (pre dual SIM) for some months and do not recall them ever 'nudging me' to use it or lose it........unlike other before 3 and now with GiffGaff.

If I could find a less 'demanding' ;) provider like 3 then I would PAC the number over but as @4wd and @Giblets both say, perhaps I should set a calendar reminder to use it on a set period basis to keep it active!

Asda mobile. Min £5 top up & credit lasts forever (although you do have to have a chargeable event every 90 days to keep it live)

Back