PAYG and credit expiry question.

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I may have asked this before.......though a while back so things may have changed in the PAYG market.

I use a dual SIM phone and really appreciate that my 3 service credit never expires. However, the Giffgaff one has the "don't use it for 90 days and they close the "account" and take the phone number away :("

So, does anyone know of a PAYG provider that is like 3 where credit never expires?

FWIW I have found it beneficial to have a none 3 SIM as signal coverage does vary a tad and the alternative Giffgaff (basically O2) has an active signal when 3 does not!

TIA for the feedback & insights :)

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I may have asked this before.......though a while back so things may have changed in the PAYG market.

I use a dual SIM phone and really appreciate that my 3 service credit never expires. However, the Giffgaff one has the "don't use it for 90 days and they close the "account" and take the phone number away :("

So, does anyone know of a PAYG provider that is like 3 where credit never expires?

FWIW I have found it beneficial to have a none 3 SIM as signal coverage does vary a tad and the alternative Giffgaff (basically O2) has an active signal when 3 does not!

TIA for the feedback & insights :)
Sorry cannot help but will watch the thread as it would be good to know.

4wd

Name
North York Moors
Edit My Images
Yes
Mine's on Virginmobile and doesn't expire but I make a point of using it 2 or 3 times a year :eek: so they don't think I died.
We have no signal here so it is not a significant part of my life but have various apps on it and sometimes need data while out.
Very rare to actual use it as a ... phone, hardly anyone knows my number for a start.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
My main phone is on Virgin Mobile but my backup phone has a PAYG GiffGaff SIM. Once a month I ring or text the Virgin phone from the GiffGaff phone which fulfills GG requirements.

OP
Box Brownie
Edit My Images
No
Thanks all for the insights and thoughts.

Yes, it is a matter of keeping the usage "active" and other the period I have had the 3 SIM, in the early days there were periods when I did not use the phone (pre dual SIM) for some months and do not recall them ever 'nudging me' to use it or lose it........unlike other before 3 and now with GiffGaff.

If I could find a less 'demanding' ;) provider like 3 then I would PAC the number over but as @4wd and @Giblets both say, perhaps I should set a calendar reminder to use it on a set period basis to keep it active!

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Asda mobile. Min £5 top up & credit lasts forever (although you do have to have a chargeable event every 90 days to keep it live)