Beginner PC based software for managing instragram

Name
Steve Hall
Edit My Images
No
Greetings! I'm using Gramblr for uploading pics to instagram, works well enough mostly, but the one pic at a time limit is annoying. Does anyone know of a desktop app which will allow upload of multiple images at a time (to create one of those 10 pic posts)?

Interested to read about any other apps in general

I dont use instagram but have you tried flickr or 500PX

I think you may be missing my point... ;)

No interest in the platforms you mentioned, just want to make insta easier to upload to from desktop

if you use Chrome browser there's a way to upload pictures direct from your desktop pc.

there was a thread on it somewhere in the forum a couple of weeks ago - i'm trying to find the damned thing...

ETA: can't find it, but this is a link to an external website with the instructions

https://www.esocmedia.com/instagram-marketing/how-upload-photos-on-instagram-from-pc/

oh - and as it's actually telling the chrome browser to behave like a tablet/phone, Insta are less likely to get snotty about it than if you use a desktop program that's been made by reverse engineering their IP...

Last edited:
Most people don’t use a desktop client to upload to insta as if they catch you doing that your account will be suspended as they want to keep it a mobile only platform.

Most people just upload the Dropbox, then download to there phone and upload from there.

Well aware it's intended as mobile only, but nobody has reported being suspended for using Gramblr AFAIK. Looking at the amount of accounts using high quality processed images they're clearly not direct from phone (which I guess was the intended purpose), and whilst they may use a phone or tablet to manage the uploads for someone like me it's far too labour intensive to process on desktop then transfer to phone, then mess about uploading and cropping on the phone app - which doesn't work very well anyway, as I've found when trying to do a multiple upload of 10pics. Hence hoping there's an app that can manage that extra piece of functionality. I'll have a good look at those instructions for chrome, cheers.

The trick with chrome is to right click and select "Inspect". Then just select 'ipad' from the drop down menu immediately above the page in the middle.

I've tested and it works fine. P.S. I still can't get my head round how to make the use of the site to get anywhere with the business and find the tiny image size completely off-putting from a user perspective.

Yup, the chrome 'hack' works just fine - but only for single uploads. I've not yet found a way to enact the multiple image upload function you have on the phone app.

Well aware it's intended as mobile only, but nobody has reported being suspended for using Gramblr AFAIK. Looking at the amount of accounts using high quality processed images they're clearly not direct from phone (which I guess was the intended purpose), and whilst they may use a phone or tablet to manage the uploads for someone like me it's far too labour intensive to process on desktop then transfer to phone, then mess about uploading and cropping on the phone app - which doesn't work very well anyway, as I've found when trying to do a multiple upload of 10pics. Hence hoping there's an app that can manage that extra piece of functionality. I'll have a good look at those instructions for chrome, cheers.

This is why cloud based photo editing software like Lightroom CC or even Apple/Google/Microsoft's basic apps are made of win.

I'll edit in Lightroom CC on mac, iphone or web browser. Which sync changes across the cloud from where I can then share to Instagram from within the iphone Lightroom app

Yup, the chrome 'hack' works just fine - but only for single uploads. I've not yet found a way to enact the multiple image upload function you have on the phone app.

I am not sure about that, but I could only say at this point that I just had a suspicious login from Moscow on my account most likely thanks to one of the 3rd party apps I tried (and didn't like) a year ago. It is phone or a Chrome hack I'm afraid.

Back