PC Clean up software.

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got any links for a decent free PC tune up / clean up Please..

Thanks for the replies. I do use the Windows defrag, doesn't seem to do the job 100%. My AVG anti virus covers everything, but want extra ££s to use there clean up program. Just looking for a third party cleaner.

Thanks for the replies. I do use the Windows defrag, doesn't seem to do the job 100%. My AVG anti virus covers everything, but want extra ££s to use there clean up program. Just looking for a third party cleaner.
Depends on the nature of the "clean up" - are you just trying to remove unnecessary files etc or is there a problem with malware?

For the former, ccleaner free version is perfect in my experience.

My AVG anti virus covers everything, but want extra ££s to use there clean up program.

So does my Avast free, I just ignore it, the three I mentioned above do everything I need and CCleaner especially has removed several issues for me in the past. :)

Might be worth having a look at System Mechanic by iolo. http://www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic/ No a freebie though.

I recently received a free years licence bundled with one of Serif's software products and had not used it until this thread popped up. Tried it on the wife's laptop yesterday which was taking nearly 15 minutes to boot up and giving a very good impression of a tortoise whilst running. It found over 3000 issues which were dealt with and the lappy now boots in under three minutes and runs so much faster that I now have a happy wife (an added bonus! :)). It can be used on any number of computers.

Thanks all. Looking at Ccleaner, Peter the link Is this a one off payment would you know.

Last edited:
Thanks all. Looking at Ccleaner, Peter the link Is this a one off payment would you know.

I believe that is an annual cost but, as said, at the moment I am running the free offer supplied with some Serif software - expires in December. It is very good though. I have done three computers so far (with daughters to do over the weekend) and the resultant increase in speed of all three has been staggering not to mention the amount of dross found and removed.

Revo Uninstaller is quite good as seeing quite how much crap is left over when you uninstall something.

System Mechanic is a bit more comprehensive than the run of the mill and worth getting. I also have a lifetime with Revo and had it for years to remove unwanted programs. Windows 10 defender i found clashed with most anti virus programs and caused a few strange errors so I stay with defender.

Back