"PC Full" error message, Lightroom, 7D

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if this is in the right place or not...but here goes.

I have a function I'm shooting on the weekend and would ideally want to shoot tethered. So I'm testing out my son's laptop just now to make sure it's all a-ok, fired off a few shots, then the error message comes up "PC full" and I can't fire off anymore. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? To confirm, the pc isn't full, I'm using Lightroom 4, Canon 7D and shooting jpegs (not raw files) in trying to keep the transfer speed as quick as possible.

Also, I've read somewhere that the EOS Utility is good for shooting tethered as well ie. quicker to transfer than Lightroom. Any truth to this? Also read that it crashed a lot.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I don't know what's causing your LR4 error but I've used the EOS utility for tethered shooting and it works pretty well including giving you full control of the camera (selecting focus, changing settings, etc) it's actually a pretty good solution - I'd try that out if you have time.

Hmmm, it's possibly filling up the RAM , or just can't write to the hard-drive quick enough.

Could you post the specs of your laptop, specifically type of hard-drive and amount of RAM?
Were you shooting RAW and in burst mode?

Thanks all. The error was actually on the camera and not on the pc... But the thing about the ram being full, perhaps... It's a crappy laptop, running vista, 2g ram, but was hoping to be able to use it merely so people can see the images I taking (photobooth stuff).i switched over to the eos utility and the instructions I had read still made me view through Lightroom, via the utility???!!! Kinda weird. Anyway, I had no probs after that. So then I switched back to Lightroom directly and no more problems. By the way, I was shooting med jpegs in single shot mode. So it seems to have resolved itself, but worry that I don't have a solution if it happens again tomorrow night.

... i switched over to the eos utility and the instructions I had read still made me view through Lightroom, via the utility???!!!
From the little research I found others are teethering this way. Should be normal! :D

... So it seems to have resolved itself, but worry that I don't have a solution if it happens again tomorrow night.
I wouldn't worry. (y)
My guess is, a driver or some communication code was installed via the EOS utility install, and thereby "solved" the problem.

Back