PC reinstall, plus upgrade LR from 3 to CC - catalogues?

Name
Del
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to check with those more in the know before I embark on this... basically my PC needs a complete rebuild, it's doing some really odd things and it's not been done for quite some time so going to bite the bullet. Whilst I'm doing it, I've purchased LR and PS CC to bring it up to date from CS3 / LR3.

All LR catalogues are on separate hard drives, so the main HD is going to be replaced clean and fully reinstalled from scratch.

Will LR CC pick up and run with the LR3 catalogues on the separate hard drives okay or are there any precautions I need to take first?

When you install LR5 ( the CC version) you may need to point it at the location of your existing LR3 catalogue. when you open LR5 it should prompt you to upgrade that catalogue. It makes a copy of the LR3 catalogue and upgrades that. I still make a physical backup before upgrading though, sort of belt and braces I guess. Once I'm happy with things I delete the backup. The LR3 catalogue can be removed once you are happy with LR5, assuming of course that you do not intend to go back to LR3 :)

Back