pc saying card needs formating

Name
james
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I formatted both ad cards in my new d750, took a few test shots, looked fine in camera. Put card into my card reader and plugged in pc. Pc says card needs formatting and No files showing on card. However, when I plug into my Mac book it reads them! Any ideas?

reboot your PC would be my first action. If the camera and mac book reads the cards then it does point towards your computer being the problem. If you have another card you can try out then format that in the computer first and again in the camera and see what happens.

You don't say which make the card is or where you got it from. There are so many fakes it pays to get from a reputable source, Not Amazon or Ebay.

Last edited:
Transfer the photos onto your Mac then format them with the pc and see if they work with both computers and your camera.
Can you plug your camera into the pc with the card in to transfer the photos?

It's a SanDisk ultra 128gb from amazon. I will try and plug camera into pc and see if that works. I transferred photos to mac, put on memory stick then out that in pc and it was fine!. Have 're formatted cards in camera and will try again tomorrow.

Back