PC TABLET - WHICH ONE?

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
No
Anyone use a Tablet with their photography. Possibly wireless linking from camera? If so, which model do you use and what major benefits are there for photographers? :shrug:

Apple iPad2 and to show people pictures rather than having to carry around folders, you can get a camera connection kit and plug you camera in on the USB................also fun to play games on :)

Got an iPad 2 and a cheapo card reader. Worked flawlessly at weekend when I was at the Lakes. Haven't used the camera connection kit yet. The iPad handles raw files as well. Download something like Snapseed and you've got a fairly decent piece of on the hoof kit.

Thanks Aaron,

does the camera connection show immediate shots on the tablet and store the shot. Can it be used that way with Wi-Fi ? This is something I am interested in having seen it in operation with another tablet.

Thanks Martin, it is the camera connectivity I am more interested in. Not interested in games but do want a tablet that will show photographs off well.

Hi Alex, I'll try the camera connection and let you know. When you insert your card in the adaptor, the photos are shown immediately after download, and stored in an import file.

As for the wi-fi, you can get an eye-fi card, and an app called shutter snitch and it seems to do the job, but looks a bit of a PITA to be honest.

http://www.eye.fi/blog/from-eye-fi-to-ipad

Thanks Martin,

the Wi-Fi or e-fi card is what I have seen someone else use and as he takes the photo, it appears on the Tablet and stores the shot as well. He can also link it to his TV in the same way. Is this wHat all tablets can do?

Hi Andy, will it also sync with the camera wi-fi ?

alexam said:
Thanks Martin,

the Wi-Fi or e-fi card is what I have seen someone else use and as he takes the photo, it appears on the Tablet and stores the shot as well. He can also link it to his TV in the same way. Is this wHat all tablets can do?

TBH, I don't know. I would expect them to. If it can be on a wi-fi network, it should be able to.

I have a iPad 2 and have looked into this myself I'll see if I can find the thread where it was covered before, but basically you can get a eye fi card pop it into your camera which makes it own wifi hotspot so the iPad can see it and connect, then get the app shutter snitch, then when you take a pic it transfers to you iPad wirelessly viola wireless tethering

Only a brief explanation and I've not actually done it my self only what I've read

Hope this helps

btw... The iPad2 is the best tablet out there IMO... I am a apple fanboy :)

Last edited:
Thanks Graeme, If that works with i-pad, it is one more that would fit the bill, all be it a more expensive one. Will have top look deeper into this.

Anyone else link their camera to a tablet?

yes ipad via camera connection kit. to my knowledge Android can't read the raw files so pointless for me.

So? do you use something else, or not at present?

The equipment I have seen working is the Acer A500 and the camera has an eye-fi card I think. It works well for him and I was just seeing what else there was around. The Acer is considerably cheaper than the I-pad.

After doing a bit of research the Sony Tablet supports has host/client support via USB.

I am still looking at the WiFi side of things. :)

Thanks Peter,

I have just returned from the shops and fortunately the magazine Computer Shopper has a Tablet Megatest, which I hope will reveal some additional information when I read it.

Malcolm

Back