PDA unit

Edit My Images
No
Hi

Hope some one will help me. I would like to buy a second hand HP Pda unit.
I would like to be able to use it as a phone also. When i look through auction site's Is there certain model number's/names that i can search for, that does have the phone built in. :shrug:

Thanks in advance.

Many are made by Taiwanese manufactuer HTC but are rebranded and given different cases. I use these for mobile communication. I prefer the types with the slide out keyboard as it makes text and email much easier.

Eg. The HTC Touch Pro is known as the T-Mobile Vario4 and the O2 Serra. Vodafone have it as well.

The HTC Tytn II was the T-Mobile Vario3. Sometimes called Kaiser which was an early codename for the device before it was launched.

The HTC Tytn was the T-Mobile Vario 2. This is the first that has 3G for faster web/email access.

All these have full PDA functionality and built in phones. I also use mine with a bluetooth GPS and tomtom for satnav.

My wife has a Palm Treo but it doesn't have a touch screen and the keyboard is permanent but I find the buttons a bit small.

Re-reading your original post better, yes HP do some but I've never tried them. Friends who have them are satisfied.

Thanks for replying.

If you're totally new to PDAs with phone abilities, I'd suggest you have a look at Brighthand.

I used to toy with this sort of stuff, long before it got blury with smartphones. Now, I am just happy with my SE P1i.

I've got an O2 Orbital2 which I think is the HTC Touch Polaris or something. Can thoroughly recommend it, good phone functionality plus all the goodies including built in Sat Nav

Thanks all for replying, i have found a HP ipaq 6915. Its unlocked so all i need to buy is
some tom tom software and all is done.;) There are so many different ones about. :bang:

Back