Peak design capture pro clip

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone in here use one of these or something similar. I carry my 500mm in a tamrac backpack and want to carry my d7200 and 300 pf close to hand while walking to and from a location so I do not miss anything and these look like they might fit the bill

https://peakdesign.com/store/capturepro

Yeah I've got one but don't use it much tbh. Wearing it on my jeans belt I always felt like it was trying to pull them down, and that was only with my EM5-II and 12-40mm f2.8. On my backpack strap it seemed to interfere with my arm swing when walking but maybe I just need to spend more time finding the right position.

Yeah I've got one but don't use it much tbh. Wearing it on my jeans belt I always felt like it was trying to pull them down, and that was only with my EM5-II and 12-40mm f2.8. On my backpack strap it seemed to interfere with my arm swing when walking but maybe I just need to spend more time finding the right position.

Thanks for quick reply, yes can imagine that in belt I'd only be looking to use it on rucksack strap

I tried one out and didn't get on with it in the end with the D750 & 24-70, I felt it would be better suited to a smaller setup.
I went for the Spider Pro Holster instead which did a great job as a belt system holding the D750.
Not sounding good then for me as 300pf is virtually same size as 24-70

i love mine, used with m4/3 kit, Nikon d7200 and I have used with a 5dmk111 and 24-105 set up. wouldn't be without it. it does take a bit of getting used to and on the rucksack you need to adjust a few times to find the best spot
i feels odd to start with, there is no point in buying one and a few days later saying "not for me" put the time in to get used to it and it just works-well it does for me:D

i love mine, used with m4/3 kit, Nikon d7200 and I have used with a 5dmk111 and 24-105 set up. wouldn't be without it. it does take a bit of getting used to and on the rucksack you need to adjust a few times to find the best spot
i feels odd to start with, there is no point in buying one and a few days later saying "not for me" put the time in to get used to it and it just works-well it does for me:D

Thanks Nik for your comments, I am wondering if I should take a punt on it as they not overly expensive and I am sure I could move it on via ebay if I didn't like it.

Thanks Nik for your comments, I am wondering if I should take a punt on it as they not overly expensive and I am sure I could move it on via ebay if I didn't like it.
no problem, i am sure it would resell fine if you don't like it tbh if i have the cash id be tempted to buy it off you to save me moving my existing one between bags.

I use one on a rucksack strap with the sony and very pleased, works for me. I still feel the screws that hold the back to the front together are too short (they don't inspire confidence for a "pro" piece of kit, and chargingalmost 10 quid for their longer screws is a bit of a cheek.
When I queried it with them, they said everyone would have to pay extra if they put the longer screws in the pack - I think the longer screws are the only ones needed.

I got one and used it last week for the first time with a D7000 and sigma 150-500 at the zoo. I had the clip on my backpack strap. It allowed me to quickly get the camera out of my hands so I could lift the kids up to see things, I usually use a black rapid strap but the camera swinging about has clipped them a time or 2!

I use one on a rucksack strap with the sony and very pleased, works for me. I still feel the screws that hold the back to the front together are too short (they don't inspire confidence for a "pro" piece of kit, and chargingalmost 10 quid for their longer screws is a bit of a cheek.
When I queried it with them, they said everyone would have to pay extra if they put the longer screws in the pack - I think the longer screws are the only ones needed.
I don't understand not including the long screws either, what's it going to cost, an extra couple of quid? (probably cost them about 2p :rolleyes:) With the standard screws it's very difficult to get over/around my lowepro flipside straps, and they're not even 'that' padded.

I don't understand not including the long screws either, what's it going to cost, an extra couple of quid? (probably cost them about 2p :rolleyes:) With the standard screws it's very difficult to get over/around my lowepro flipside straps, and they're not even 'that' padded.

Its an easy way to bump up the price.

I noticed that on some rucksacks my tamarack included there is a webbing strap running along front edge of padding to it will clamp fine there and thankfully not go round whole strap as what worried me was it digging in against my skin if it clamped around while padded strap

I use mine on my padded rucksack strap when hiking (with a gripped OM-D E-M5 & 12-40 pro lens), but always keep the neck strap on too.
fwiw I had the first model and it failed catastrophically but the neck strap saved the camera. Peak replaced the clip free of charge with the new pro model which seems much more robust. I still wouldn't entirely rely on it though.

The clip is dead annoying when worn on the belt; the fact that the baseplate fits most tripods is useful.

I use my clip with their Pro-Pad and hang a D7200 & 70-300 off my jeans belt no problem.

Only downside, if you wear a jumper/sweatshirt it has to ride up over the clip, great with a tucked in shirt tho.

Thanks all for the replies again I have bit the bullet and ordered one from Amazon as have a prime account at present so free delivery

I should have updated this sorry, It came last week and used it twice so far and very impressed was great on my rucksack I carry my 500mm in and it allowed me to keep my camera body with small lens at the ready. My wife thinks I look like a proper ......... with it on :eek: but its really practical and very handy to have it so close to hand

I should have updated this sorry, It came last week and used it twice so far and very impressed was great on my rucksack I carry my 500mm in and it allowed me to keep my camera body with small lens at the ready. My wife thinks I look like a proper ......... with it on :eek: but its really practical and very handy to have it so close to hand
:D its not the coolest look, but it does work well.. Glad you like it.

I'm really pleased with mine, it helps to keep my hands free when I'm hiking about and need them for other stuff than holding the camera. I use mine with a d7000 and have had a 70-300 on it with no problems. Only used it on a backpack so far not tried it attached to a belt, but think I'd get the pro pad too if I needed that.

Back