Peak design & long exposure - do the clips cause camera vibration?

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Noticed tonight when reattaching my strap (which I almost never use these days anyway but fitting as I'm off to Vienna and will be wondering around) that the strap is very close to going on one side, it's worn out, time to replace.

I've seen the Peak Design system in use and seen it recommended by many. However, I removed my strap primarily to reduce bulk and camera shake during long exposure shots. And I had a thought (dangerous, I know) - the small clips which hang off the camera when the strap is detached, are they weighty enough if in windy conditions to cause a problem? Or does anyone else shoot long exposures and this not be problem? Its m43 camera so lighter than the bigger boys, meaning it takes less to disturb it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Jake

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. It will have no effect at all.

Last edited:
Laugh all you want! 90% of my shots are long exposure shots right now so I wouldn't want to spend money which would have a detrimental effect on that. I'd rather ask and be laughed at than not ask and make a mistake. :)

Glad to know it won't be a problem. I'll take advantage of the Black Friday deal.

Laugh all you want! 90% of my shots are long exposure shots right now so I wouldn't want to spend money which would have a detrimental effect on that. I'd rather ask and be laughed at than not ask and make a mistake. :)

Glad to know it won't be a problem. I'll take advantage of the Black Friday deal.
No such thing as a stupid question mate. :)

Black Friday deal it is for me then!

Now, ash or black....hmmm

Care to share a link to the deal you found? Always been curious to try a PD strap.

I keep thinking about the Peak Design slide strap as my Black Rapid clip has almost worn through but a couple of reviews I have seen talk about the slide lengthening as it bounces around and this has put me off.

I keep thinking about the Peak Design slide strap as my Black Rapid clip has almost worn through but a couple of reviews I have seen talk about the slide lengthening as it bounces around and this has put me off.
Never happened with mine. I’m running a couple of the Lite at the moment.

Never happened with mine. I’m running a couple of the Lite at the moment.
I have seen videos of the heavier strap for dslr's and if you pull down on the camera the strap pulls through the buckles and lengthens on its own. It's the only thing putting me off buying one.

I recently bought a Peak Design Slide and this is what I find

First of all it is far more comfortable around the next than the straps that come with Nikon cameras. The strap came with version 3 ties so contacted PD and they supplied v4 version after sending a photo of the ones that I had (free of charge).
Why did i go for PK straps? well removing and putting on other cameras is easy ( I have 3 nikons) also being easy to remove when using a tripod there are no straps to get tangled up Bonus is not camera make and model blazened on the strap making it a target for thieves.

Downside? only that the strap is ,for me, a bit long at its shortest length

FWIW, weight is a good thing for countering vibration/wind... the problem is when something is light enough to flap in the breeze and cause vibrations (i.e. the strap). Is it possible for the buttons to flap in the wind? Yeah, probably... but highly unlikely IMO. In that case I would suspect the conditions are just too averse to begin with.

Slide lite on the way....went for black, to match the camera :p

Back