Peak Design Slide camera strap

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hello Everyone.

When I went to the photography show on Saturday I came across the Peak Design LTD stand.

https://peakdesign.com

They sell many camera products all of them were quite of interest. I purchased myself the Slide as it does similar thing than a Sun sniper and BlackRapid sling. I personally had the both and I find the PeakDesign Slide best of them all it so much better on me and best of all the camera doesn't swing around like it does on the blackrapid and sun sniper this what appealed to me.

Also I can snap the strap off and on with ease which is another bonus and also I can mount mt camera onto the tripod without having to remove the strap this is a big plus as I was fed up of taking the sun sniper off to be able to mount the camera to my tripod.

Finally I've found something that suites me

I would highly recommend this strap to everyone over the latter two

I have the same and like it along with the capture camera clip which I use most and the POV thingy, all very well designed.

Just as a heads up though keep your eye on the cords that attach to the camera, this happened, although the guy is a pro and probably makes more use of the camera than most I think it's partly his fault for not checking on such things once in a while, it wouldn't of just gone like that overnight but yes these things should be fit and forget.

Yes I always check before I used as luckily I avoid the sun sniper from failing as the camera always swing about on the sun sniper so I always kept hold of camera and one day it paid off as the fitting unscrewed itself from the tripod thread.

I spoke to them at the photography show and those anchors are being made with a new more durable material now - possibly as a result of the kind of failure in that blog. I've ordered the slide - it looks good, felt comfortable and I liked the versatility. The reason I'm buying a new strap is my Tamrac strap is beginning to fray a little and occasionally the metal buckles have slipped leaving the camera dangling by one side only. I've been lucky, but a replacement seems prudent. I cannot believe that guys strap was not visibly fraying before failure though and it looks like he took a risk that didn't pay off?

Last edited:
This fray is old story I was told. They have made the brackets at the tripod mount more rounded too to help reduce fraying as older ones were a it sharper at the edges

Also I can snap the strap off and on with ease which is another bonus and also I can mount mt camera onto the tripod without having to remove the strap this is a big plus as I was fed up of taking the sun sniper off to be able to mount the camera to my tripod.

Only if you use arca though, have to modify if you want rc2.....

Can either use the RC2 compatible foot Peak Design do, or simply get one of the RC2 replacement screws made by Peak Design or Black Rapid and use an existing Manfrotto plate.

I love the Peak Design stuff. Ive got the Leash, Slide and just got the Cuff. I like to wear my camera on the side of my torso, but never liked the BR straps, (although i loved the Jobby version).
The Slide is the best of both worlds for me, although that stays on the 5Dmkiii, and the Leash is for my Sony a6000.

I love the Peak Design stuff. Ive got the Leash, Slide and just got the Cuff. I like to wear my camera on the side of my torso, but never liked the BR straps, (although i loved the Jobby version).
The Slide is the best of both worlds for me, although that stays on the 5Dmkiii, and the Leash is for my Sony a6000.

Really tempted by the Peak Pro pack for travelling with. How's the leash hold up with a full size DSLR on it? (well, D750, so not that big)

Ive had my 5Dmkiii and 24-70 f/2.8 mkii on the Leash and no real issues with weight, but due to the narrow strap its not as comfortable on my neck as the slide is. Ok for an hour or two but i wouldn't want to use it all day.
Its fine with my 650D though.

The Slide is very comfortable though, but also nearly double the price.

Last edited:
As Dave said the slide is best for a long day

Ive had my 5Dmkiii and 24-70 f/2.8 mkii on the Leash and no real issues with weight, but due to the narrow strap its not as comfortable on my neck as the slide is. Ok for an hour or two but i wouldn't want to use it all day.
Its fine with my 650D though.

The Slide is very comfortable though, but also nearly double the price.

Yeah, going to be doing a lot of walking on holiday and taking the 70-200 with me, so I think I might for the Slide and a pro-pad so I can clip the camera to my backpack / child carrier strap as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back