Peak District - 30/10/07 (next attempt!)

Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first attempt at using RAW files, after I finally worked out how to convert NEF files on Photoshop using a plugin!

301007_7resize.jpg

DSC_2004resize.jpg

301007_6resize.jpg

They did seem a bit like cheating at first but am I right in assuming that I'm really just using my PC to process pictures opposed to the camera? :thinking:

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Sorry! I just realised that I put in URL instead of IMG - just ignore me :LOL:

Lovely shots! That rainbow shot is something else! Some lovely colours at asmosphere in all of them :) Great job and really well captured!

Cheers! :)

Incidentally any ideas why the thread came up with a link for the frames on it instead of the frames being displayed on the thread?

When I posted one the other day they came up fine (I even resized them as they were too large last time round!)

Sorry! I just realised that I put in URL instead of IMG - just ignore me

wer you stood in the pot of gold when taking the rainbow one?
that's beautiful!

I know it would have been difficult from where you were but the second would really have been improved by avoiding the tree on the left. Still a good catch of a rainbow though :)

Great rainbow.
The 1st looks to have a bit of an odd colour cast.
The last is moody, but probably a bit dark

Cheers for the comments.

I was just lucky with the rainbow one really - was driving past and just took a glance through the passenger window and saw it peeking through the trees.

looking at it now the pot of gold must have been very near ;)

Brilliant! Love the atmostphere in the first and last. Where was the second one taken? Goyt valley?

Looks like Derwent Valley to me? Local knowledge! ;)
Nice shots, all looks too familiar especially the rain clouds! :)

R8JimBob88 in response to your post the 2nd shot is the Derwent Valley (as correctly spotted by Scoff - local knowledge indeed!) Think the reservoir in the foreground is the Derwent with the Howden Dam in the background. Just a pity that water wasn't flowing over the top at the time but I can't have everything going at once can I :)

The 1st/3rd shot are both taken looking south just off Ringinglow Road, on the western outskirts of Sheffield.

Back