Peak District Birds

3 lovely shots, but a little too centrally positioned for my liking

Shame about the rather dark background on the 2 Grey wagtail shots, a lighter background would have worked nicer, but you can;t help where the bird decides to land can you

Also, on the last shot of the Grey Wagtail, you are losing some of the head/beak detail due to it being lost against the white water

The first is a cracker though, really nice unobtrusive background, though i might be tempted to try and bring a bit more detail/contrast out of the bird and the wall

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the Wagtails back ground I followed it up a nice Sunny stream trying to get a shot but every time I got close it either was behind a rock/plant or it flew further up stream I only caught up with it in rather shady area under some trees so not ideal, but we work with what we are given.

Cheers

Tim.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the Wagtails back ground I followed up a nice Sunny stream trying to get a shot but every time I got close it either was behind a rock/plant or it flew further up stream I only caught up with in rather shady area under some trees so not ideal, but we work with what we are given.

Cheers

Tim.

Indeed, i'd have been over the moon to have even got a shot of one, i have seen them at my local reservoir but they are always in very shady places and still not managed a shot even half as good as yours

The challenge though is what makes watching and photographing birds so frustrating and so rewarding

Tim

Back