Peak District locations - suggestions wanted

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm planning a landscape photography to the Peaks sometime in the next few weeks.
I've done some research, but would be great to hear your suggestions for good locations. Especially a bit off the beaten track

I've got a leaflet for walks from Edale, has a fair few good vantage points including Mam Tor
Picked it up from the tourist information when I went there on a photography trip with my daughter
Will bring it along on Wednesday if you want it, just stick it in the post back to me when you have read/used it

Also got the Photographing The Peak District book, very comprehensive, but bit heavy to lug about for the day
The offer is there if you want it and same deal with sending it back

I've got a leaflet for walks from Edale, has a fair few good vantage points including Mam Tor
Picked it up from the tourist information when I went there on a photography trip with my daughter
Will bring it along on Wednesday if you want it, just stick it in the post back to me when you have read/used it

Also got the Photographing The Peak District book, very comprehensive, but bit heavy to lug about for the day
The offer is there if you want it and same deal with sending it back

Sounds good mate. I'm thinking of splashing out on the book. I've got the East Anglia one and it's excellent.

Dovedale
The Roaches
Lumsdale falls
Padley Gorge
Monsall Head
Chrome Hill
Ladybower Reservoir
Chesterfield Road, overlooking Rowsley fantastic panorama
To name a few.......

If you can find the Five Dales walk from Tideswell there is a lot of variety on the walk, from all the dales to river side walks and old mines and Mills. I live on the doorstep on the Dales and it is one of the best walks I have ever done. I would second Mam Tor is great but gets a bit overrun and walking up the side of Padley Gorge offers some great opportunities. Curbar Edge will also offer fantastic views on a great day.

As well as the classic locations above there's still plenty of scope to find your own pictures. Thinking of Mam Tor and the Ridge, not many people bother going beyond the cliched gate but if conditions are right there's great shots to be had from further on. Try places like Lose Hill or Win Hill or get up on Kinder where not that many photographers go. Watch walkers/wild campers like Dean Read or Andrew Beavers on YouTube for less obvious places to visit. Mid October/November can be a great time to visit the Peak District as the colours should be great and there's a higher chance of morning mists or frosts later in the season which add to the atmosphere.

Back