North England Peak District no idea.

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi usually go away in April for my birthday and would love to visit the Peak District. I have no idea about locations to visit or the area in general. I've been told it's beautiful and a photography's haven. How long do I really need to book to get the most out of the area, the drive is only two-three hours away. Any information about locations would help especially waterfalls and such like. Thanks for any help in advance.

Yep, it sure is a good place. Matlock and surrounding area is a winner for sure. Everything you ask for, scenery, wildlife, people, waterfalls, stately homes etc etc. Some breath taking scenery mate, it really is. Have a look for James Grant photography. (He's a member on here too!) That should sell it a little more. ;)

Thanks David, missed out on a school trip when I was much younger to the Peak District, parents couldn't afford it sob sob. Thanks for the help will look out for James work.

If you are a walker the dark peak area is by far the best but it can be a bit bleak in April. See here http://www.flickr.com/photos/16817419@N05/ for a few shots from my last week's holiday there. I'm a beginner with a camera but they should give you an impression of how nice it can be.

Back