Peak District

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Went on a recent holiday to the peak district, no intentin of taking any serious photos but came away with a few nice snaps. A few others in other categories.

These are unedited and as they came out the camera. Any comments welcome, good or bad.

In the second one can some kind fellow / fellowette, possibly remove the phone lines, i have no idea how on photo shop and it ruins what i thonk would be a nice photo.

Cheers,

Matt

3990165226_9e4cbb6d7b.jpg

3989408399_1e1e4af105.jpg

3990159628_ecca77d608.jpg

Last edited:
They're really nice, Matt. With a few tweaks they's be lovely. I'm happy to clean out the cables if you send me the full file.

Nice shots. On the final one, with the water. How was that achieved. I have to admit, that I've not yet got my head around the actual shutter settings and always get overexposed shots.

Any hints for achieving this type of shot, or blurred people on a still street are welcome...

I cheated really with the last one to get that effect. In the past i have played with manual settings and like yourself, got over exposed shots. As i was just snapping away i simply changed it to the shutter speed setting on a low speed and the camera sorts out the rest!

This is another one done the same way. It almost looks like a photo shop especially considering how sharp some of the rest of the image is, particuarly the stones in the river. I feel a bit of a fraud doing it this way so i ought to learn how to do it properly.

3989405503_276d16a827.jpg

The others on here will probably be more help but thats how i did it.

Cheers for the comments!

Matt

Last edited:
The two of trees and sky are nice (even nicer once the cables have gone). The water one just needs you to get your feet wet and look up stream a bit more. The effect is fine, it's the angle I find awkward.

Back