Peak District

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
Yes
Never really done landscapes before, but I found myself in the peak district at the weekend with a few hours to spare, so figured I'd give it a try. Next time I take the tripod and invest in a filter set, though.

7489439660_3dfd5f1513_b.jpg

Bigger

7489477022_e7437248ee_b.jpg

Bigger
I know shooting into the sun isn't enormously popular, but it's a style I like, and for the time of day/angles I had, it was the only choice I had anyway. Still, I will head back earlier in the day another time.

7489457124_06bd173559_b.jpg

Bigger

Obviously they're not the best landscapes in the world, but I think I did ok for a first time, and plan to carry on.

Hi Ray,

Pretty good for a first time.
I like the first image as it is.
The second image is spoiled by the 2 strong flare elements from the sun.
the third image (in my opinion) is a little oversaturated and a little tweaking would do it the world of good.

regards,

Philip

hi thought i would do a quick edit hope you didn't mind ill remove if you want would be easer if you send original but, much better i think , i like shots straight at the sun some do say you shouldn't but im with you its a good shot if you ask me
quickedit.jpg

Hi Ray,

Pretty good for a first time.
I like the first image as it is.
The second image is spoiled by the 2 strong flare elements from the sun.
the third image (in my opinion) is a little oversaturated and a little tweaking would do it the world of good.

regards,

Philip

Thanks for the feedback.

The flare in the 2nd image bugs me for being uneven. If it were more even I'd be happy with it, but I think you're right and the lower one at least probably should go.

The third one, assuming you're talking of the grass is already slightly desaturated (the sky is +saturation though). I was going for a slightly dreamy look, not sure if that worked or not. Maybe I'll try taking it back in the other direction, putting the contrast and sharpness back.

hi thought i would do a quick edit hope you didn't mind ill remove if you want would be easer if you send original but, much better i think , i like shots straight at the sun some do say you shouldn't but im with you its a good shot if you ask me
quickedit.jpg
Good job Paul. I don't mind at all, and I think that actually does look better. I'll have a look at doing it myself another time (I'm on a strict no-Photoshop diet for a few weeks, too much abuse :LOL: Lightroom sliders only).

I'll spare you being sent the file, 40MB files tend to clog up inboxes. :shrug:

That's much better with the flare removed. I feel that flare has its place, but the first one you posted was just a flare too far

Philip
:D

I'll revisit in a few weeks and see if I can clear that flare problem up.

Back