Peaks

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't posted for sooo long, probably nearly a year!!

From a recent day-trip to the Peak District, near Bakewell.

6149434399_3acd85a071_b.jpg

6149444155_3bbba44ef9_z.jpg

6149983976_997cb7b654_b.jpg

6149432895_b0989f29ec_b.jpg

janice

I'm going through a ''crop and be damned'' phase.................:D

too much foreground in #1 ....crop 50% [or more] of it off concentrates the converging stone walls into the centre..............? very nice BTW

Last edited:
janice

I'm going through a ''crop and be damned'' phase.................:D

Hee hee! :LOL:

I cant do that.......I have to crop for print sizes..........but I have no idea why.. as I never print them!! :D

too much foreground in #1 ....crop 50% [or more] of it off concentrates the converging stone walls into the centre..............? very nice BTW

So in that case.. I agree with you! (y)

Last edited:
No1
Why did you not include ALL the tree on the right?
Needs a chunk cropped off the bottom too.

No1
Why did you not include ALL the tree on the right?
Needs a chunk cropped off the bottom too.

I have just agreed that I need a crop off the foreground :)

I like 'em Janice....the colours are lovely....yeah maybe a snip here and there but nothing drastic....my fave is #4 the lines and composition of that one are great

The foreground wall shot....somehow it works for me with the wall in and thats because it 'involves' me more...as if I'm standing at the wall and looking at the scene...hmmm...not sure if that makes sense :)

It does to me anyway :)

Glad to see you posting again...

I need to get my finger out and get on here more!

Right then, I will try again!;)
No1
There is a lot of interest in the middle,down that valley. I personally would have liked to see all the tree on the right included & a wee bit cropped of the bottom.
I also notice 'something' sticking up on the hillside on the left. Canna help wondering what it is. Any ideas, Janice?
No2
Liking the sky & that all the tree is included. Detail on the stone dyke (wall) is good too.
no3
Like the walls used as lead ins to the shot. Have you thought about a square crop & getting the tree on the bottom left out of the picture. Then again you would lose a bit of the shadow from the other tree into the field.
No4
I like as is. Liking the rough texture of the grass in the foreground contrasting with the different shade in the field. Like the dykes leading the eye in & the old building would probably make a shot on it's own.

Right then, I will try again!;)
No1
There is a lot of interest in the middle,down that valley. I personally would have liked to see all the tree on the right included & a wee bit cropped of the bottom.
I also notice 'something' sticking up on the hillside on the left. Canna help wondering what it is. Any ideas, Janice?

It was a walker, coming down the hill... I guess I could've cloned him out!! :) The reason the tree is in half is because it was absolutely freezing and howling a gale and i just nipped out the cottage in a tshirt and was standing on stones in my socks!! quick snap really! :)
No2

Liking the sky & that all the tree is included. Detail on the stone dyke (wall) is good too.
no3
Like the walls used as lead ins to the shot. Have you thought about a square crop & getting the tree on the bottom left out of the picture. Then again you would lose a bit of the shadow from the other tree into the field.

Yes, i thought, then discarded the idea because of that reason.

No4
I like as is. Liking the rough texture of the grass in the foreground contrasting with the different shade in the field. Like the dykes leading the eye in & the old building would probably make a shot on it's own.

Thanks folks. (y)

Last edited:
Hey! From one stranger to another (I haven't posted on here for over 2 years... :) )
I like them all but love the first and second shots most of all. Reminds me of home!

Awww Cheryl, lovely to see you back, although we keep in touch on facebook!!

Thanks for the comments, and Im sure Canada has some stunning scenery, (in fact I KNOW)! :D

Back