Peewit and Dabchick.

Edit My Images
Yes
Couple of shots from today of the Lapwing and Dabchick.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

Both great, I particularly like the 'Lappy'. I've a real soft spot for these birds. So common when I was a kid, sadly they struggle now.

Anyhow, nice stuff(y)

Now those are two good shots lammie :clap::clap: Great colours, sharp and everything else that goes to make a good shot :LOL:

Both great, I particularly like the 'Lappy'. I've a real soft spot for these birds. So common when I was a kid, sadly they struggle now.

Anyhow, nice stuff(y)
Thank's Brian. We often get flocks of up to about 2-300 of these around the area where I mostly go.

Now those are two good shots lammie :clap::clap: Great colours, sharp and everything else that goes to make a good shot :LOL:
Thank's Rich

That is the best Lapwing shot that I have seen. Where was this taken.
Ken the lapwing shot was taken at Ogston Res in Derbyshire.

A couple of beautiful shots but the Lapwing is fantastic.

Dai
Thanks Dai.

Both very good but for me the Lapwing has it.
When I was growing up in the glen we had hundreds of them nesting in the rough muir around the house. I used to just lay on the ground & watch them wheeling & diving. Their call & flight was a bit special for me too.
When I visit home now though there is not a single pair on the muir. Curlews are scarcer too up there.
Thank you for sharing & for bringing back some nice memories.

Couple of lovely sharp images there, well captured

I've spent many hours at Ogston and I think that's the first time I've seen the Lapwings move into the water.

Great shot, what lens was it?

Thanks all for your comments, appreciated.

I've spent many hours at Ogston and I think that's the first time I've seen the Lapwings move into the water.

Great shot, what lens was it?

These were taken with the Sigma 300mm f2.8 + 2x ext.

Thanks for that Lammie, knowing there's a 2x on there makes them even more impressive.

These are gorgeous, with beautiful light.

Thanks again for your comments.

My first post had to be one of yours, brill shots, plus thanks for all your advice, cheers.

Welcome aboard Mark. I think you'll enjoy it and also get some good advice on here. Looking forward to your first picture post.

Back