Pegasus Memorial National Memorial Arboretum Meet ***IMAGES ADDED***

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Went on Matts National Memorial Arboretum, it was fab to meet everyone but didnt get to speak to everyone, the weather held of mainly, heres a couple of shots of mine of the Pegasus Memorial Parachute Regiment & Airborne Forces Memorial at National Memorial Arboretum Alrewas Litchfield Staffordshire, C+C Welcome as always

7675465808_5db3e2fb06_b.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
No 1 is a classic Dave(y)(y)

Hmmmmmmm. No 2 has disappeared:thinking:

Nice one Dave, I felt forced to do a 'straight up the path' version but I think this works well especially with the sky (y)

Hi Dave, was a very enjoyable day, don't think we got to speak today, so maybe next time (y) You got some cracking light on this one, really like the composition and a cracking sky. Top pic (y)

Hi Michael, Thanks, Im sorry I didnt get to talk to you, I prob said hello but, I didnt get time to introduce myself as we moved out of the cafe pretty much as we arrived, next time (y) I had to leave early as my friend got a phone call could he go to Birmingham, I got up at 5am, so was quite tired its a big place Ive been before, but it wasnt as busy, 1 guy waited ages until I got that shot framed up good just had the wrong lens so had to crop it, I thanked him for his patience, and received a smile back (y)

That's a great angle Dave!:clap:

Far better than any i managed of this,but only living 15 minutes away as Arny once said "I'll Be Back!"

I didn't stay in the cafe long this morning, it was far too hot and felt rough with it. It certainly is a cracking place, all the people were ever so nice that were walking around, very happy to wait a moment for me taking pics too. I really like the Pegasus, hopefully got some decent ones of it, during the rain. (y)

Nice one Dave, I felt forced to do a 'straight up the path' version but I think this works well especially with the sky (y)

I thought of that as well but as said wrong lens i only had a nifty and a wide angle with me as it was chucking it down when I set off so thought it may be a wash out happily it turned out great (y)

As for the shot what took a bit of time and ta again to the old guy (not a Tog) that waited,:clap: I wanted the blue patch behind the hand and spear (y)

That's a great angle Dave!:clap:

Far better than any i managed of this,but only living 15 minutes away as Arny once said "I'll Be Back!"

Dont put your self down Simon, and lucky you find a fav and go in all seasons, I forgot Ill check out what date the polar bear shot was prob exif will tell you the time so youll have an idea to get the sunflare shot

I didn't stay in the cafe long this morning, it was far too hot and felt rough with it. It certainly is a cracking place, all the people were ever so nice that were walking around, very happy to wait a moment for me taking pics too. I really like the Pegasus, hopefully got some decent ones of it, during the rain. (y)

Shame we all didnt introduce are selves berore we went out not that I would have remembered everyones name :LOL:

Really nice all round exposure - great comp. (y)

Thanks very much appreciated Joe (y)

That is wonderful Dave (y) it was great to meet again (y) and I'm glad that you had a good day, was a real shame it was cut short a little :(

Matt

Its a real shame Matt I wanted to go to the meal, but to drive my friend and then come back, I was fair tired to start with,as its a big place and planned to get bigger, anyway it was a fab meet, think we should have an intro bit as I kept seeing folks and though who are they, it was a fab turn out so Thanks for sorting it (y) weather was fairly kind to us, I actually think the clouds added to shots (y) looking for our next jaunts when your up my way (y)

Its a real shame Matt I wanted to go to the meal, but to drive my friend and then come back, I was fair tired to start with,as its a big place and planned to get bigger, anyway it was a fab meet, think we should have an intro bit as I kept seeing folks and though who are they, it was a fab turn out so Thanks for sorting it (y) weather was fairly kind to us, I actually think the clouds added to shots (y) looking for our next jaunts when your up my way (y)

I think at this time the next time I'll be up is when the advertised meet is in December unless I can swing something else as I really would like to come up and do the blackpool lights but will arrange that a little closer to the date (y)

Was a real shame but still had a great day (y)

Matt

I think at this time the next time I'll be up is when the advertised meet is in December unless I can swing something else as I really would like to come up and do the blackpool lights but will arrange that a little closer to the date (y)

Was a real shame but still had a great day (y)

Matt

Looking forward to that meet as well now Matt (y) yeah still had a fab day (y)

I doooo like that, that's very nice :clap:

Thanks very much Dave (y)

I much prefer the balance of this one over the first one, but dare I say I find the bottom half a little 'muddy'.

The horseman is a picture on it's own....:shrug:

Just my 2p's worth

Thanks Dave, (y) I did do a few of just the horse I'll process one mind you I think I was having a go at skew angles :eek:

Liking that Dave nicely done.

Thanks very much Kevin (y)

simply wonderful Dave, I taught you well my friend :LOL::LOL:

Les :D

#1 is a blinder dave (y)

Hia Dave.
As already said mate, #1 you nailed. Like the composition and angle and you managed a decent sky.
#2 hmmm, looks like the statues head exploded with smoke, it was the first thing that drew my eye! Otherwise, apart from being a bit dark, OK.
#3 is a real belter for me! just a little out of the ordinary with the low down angle.
Few more years and you will be OK! :D

Hia Dave.
As already said mate, #1 you nailed. Like the composition and angle and you managed a decent sky.
#2 hmmm, looks like the statues head exploded with smoke, it was the first thing that drew my eye! Otherwise, apart from being a bit dark, OK.
#3 is a real belter for me! just a little out of the ordinary with the low down angle.
Few more years and you will be OK! :D

Thanks very much Baz, I never noticed that in #2 until you mention it, it is a bit dark but it had just rained,

That first shot is superb, Dave. I think we all have our "favourite" memorials (if favourite is the right word). You did this one proud.

And thanks for carrying the extra batteries for Ruby, even though she didn't need them in the end.

Craig

Thanks very much Craig, Yes I liked most of them you need a few days so you spend lots of time and explore the angles of each one

No probs about the batteries (y) better safe than sorry (y)

After capturing him at Cornith,Bellerophon tamed Pegasus with the aid of Athenas golden bridle, then rode him to defeat the Chimera.

I know :LOL: well thats one version :LOL:

what do you think of the images?
All very nice shots but that first one is a corker (y) as I said when I commented yeterday :LOL:

Love the last one Dave (y) great edit :LOL: :LOL: but all have been nice images shame your day got cut short :(

Thanks Matt, yeah shame it did, still had a good time and made new friends (y)

cracking edit on that Dave, works very well!

Thanks very much Michael (y)

All very nice shots but that first one is a corker (y) as I said when I commented yesterday :LOL:

Thanks Gary, oh yeah I remember soz (y)

excellent shots!

Thanks very much (y)

Back