Peli Case Insides?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Having carried a ruck sack with my gear for far too long i'm going to reat myself to a trolly with wheels as my back is just starting to protest far too much due to the weight!. Apart for trying to work out which size case i need for my gear now! and then any future additions i was going to ask anyone who currently own a Peli Case.

Did you buy a "Divider Set" to seperate your gear? Is it more flexible to have that than the Pick and Pluck Foam although isn't this a more robust/secure option?

A Lid organiser? A handy purchase in your opinion or should i add to transportation protection and purchase a Lid foam
Sorry reading reviews have you changed the wheels on your case for easier and smoother transpoortation such as Skatge wheels ypou can buy from Decathlon?

Just interested to hear you views? Thanks for your time!

I used one for a while but it really wasn't very good on rough ground, not to mention the noise when on the pavement, but I wasn't aware you could change the wheels, so maybe that's fine for you.
I now use a Think Tank rolling case, bigger smoother wheels, but don't have the indestructibility of the Peli.
I still use my Peli's but just as carry cases now, and yes, the diver set is far more practical, especially if you change things around often, lid organiser is a must too, really useful for bits and bobs.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the recomendations! had considered Think Tank too so may hunt around for the size i may need and price match but that Calumet equivialnt is a fraction of the normal price :eek::eek::eek:

The pick & pluck foam isn't great... I found I could fit a lot more gear in (and more securely) with the dividers... Plus you can keep changing the layout as your gear changes.

The lid organizer is well worth having... Great for filters/batteries and all those fiddly little bits!

Last edited:
Had a smaller peli 1510 when i had a 300 lens and now using a 1560 which is pretty standard for sports photogrpahers with two cameras plus 400 lens..

Went for deviders as i didnt think foam would be flexible if i wanted to change stuff about.. sometimes i take different bits out so dividers deffo best..

I have the lid organisor for bits i alway take and spare bits so can never forget

yes changed my wheels for decathlon and the difference is massive.. quiet and less bumpy..

PS The peli is rock solid.. can be used as a 3 size seat depending which side you put it on.. also can stand on it when you need that bit of elevation for group shots.. took me at 18 stone no problem haha (before i lost 3 stone i might add)

Last edited:
I use a Peli 1560 and went for the dividers. Pick and pluck is fine if you kit remains static, but I load my case with what I need, so sometimes its packed to the gunnels and I have to move things about, sometimes its got different contents.

I would recommend the lid organiser as well, I keep thinking of getting one. I had a smaller Peli with one and that was very useful.

I've got a 1560 with dividers and organiser, absolutely top notch. Love knowing everything is safe/secure, chuck it in the boot or wherever I am.

Do want a 1510 for when I'm travelling a bit lighter though!

Back