Peli case or 3rd party foam inserts?

looking for foam to fit a 1510 type size case?.thanks

At work we had some custom made inserts for our kit (not photographic). Not too sure on the price, but it`s bloody good. If you`re interested, I`ll dig out a link on Monday, when I`m back at work.

I've found the TrekPak system works quite well in a 1510, easy to reconfigure when your kit changes.

GC

At work we had some custom made inserts for our kit (not photographic). Not too sure on the price, but it`s bloody good. If you`re interested, I`ll dig out a link on Monday, when I`m back at work.
yes please mate.

yes please mate.

No worries (y)
You might have to give me a nudge tomorrow though, in case the old grey matter loses it ;)

Graham, could I ask how you made this please? I've got a Peli 1450 case that I need to get some foam for, but this looks like a better alternative!
@Carl Hall I used:
Polycarbonate sheet. I got it from Amazon but you may get it from B&Q or the like. Or even an old "For Sale" sign, I believe they use it.
Sticky backed felt. Cheap from Amazon.
Stiff horticultural wire. Cut up wire coat hanger would do I suppose. Bent to form a U shape about 6 cm long for rigidity.
The only tools needed are a craft knife to trim the sheet and cut the felt ( A saw of some sort helps when cutting the sheet across the chanels).
A straight edge to guide the cut, and a flat cutting surface.

Here's some shonky 'phone pics to give you an idea...Any questions, shout up. :)20190208_113000.jpg20190207_121420.jpg20190207_122546.jpg

Last edited:
@Carl Hall I used:
Polycarbonate sheet. I got it from Amazon but you may get it from B&Q or the like. Or even an old "For Sale" sign, I believe they use it.
Sticky backed felt. Cheap from Amazon.
Stiff horticultural wire. Cut up wire coat hanger would do I suppose. Bent to form a U shape about 6 cm long for rigidity.
The only tools needed are a craft knife to trim the sheet and cut the felt ( A saw of some sort helps when cutting the sheet across the chanels).
A straight edge to guide the cut, and a flat cutting surface.

Here's some shonky 'phone pics to give you an idea...Any questions, shout up. :)

Brilliant, thank you Graham, very useful!

Back