peli wheel assembly ..where ?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Looking for a peli wheel assembly.. corner bit that the wheel goes in.. for 1560 which i believe is exact same on 1510.. but i cant find a UK supplier online.. anyone any ideas ?

Talk to Neil Turner on SW. He's got a blog post somewhere showing how to attached a better set of wheels than the native ones.

Been searching for yonks this evening.. strange no spare parts in UK :(

peli-1510-case-wheel-assembly-left-1.jpg

Like this?

Looks like only US for spares, will it be under warranty?

Thats the block I am after yes but does seem US only :(

Well my peli wheel block came from gemany .. took about a week.. everyhting perfect.. had a peli wheel attached... everything went well fitted ok works perfect

BUT THEN... One of the two latches holding the lids down snapped ..... and i cant see how to fix that even with spare part :(

Can't you just push out the pin and replace the latch

thanks just watched that minutes after posting hhaa.. but yeagh thanks :)

I have put a claim in to Peli uk for a new latch.. lets see how quick they respond.. I have explained I am full time so out every other day and emergency :)

Attachments

• latch.jpg
    latch.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 16
Well my peli wheel block came from gemany .. took about a week.. everyhting perfect.. had a peli wheel attached... everything went well fitted ok works perfect

BUT THEN... One of the two latches holding the lids down snapped ..... and i cant see how to fix that even with spare part :(

I suppose it depends on which area broke but looking at the images of the latches they appear to be fixed with a drift pin i.e. a pin that needs to removed with a punch tool or drift pin. The same tool would be used to replace the pin??

Edit ~my bad, I thought I refreshed before posting.......but clearly did not :( :coat:

Last edited:
if peli wont respond... I quite fancy replacing wiht an orange one.. would make my case stand out at a match amongst others :) 13 euros same place i got the wheel arch :)

if peli wont respond... I quite fancy replacing wiht an orange one.. would make my case stand out at a match amongst others :) 13 euros same place i got the wheel arch :)

I've got some orange latches here, Tony. If you don't get any joy, I'll pop a couple in the post.

I've got some orange latches here, Tony. If you don't get any joy, I'll pop a couple in the post.

ooer thats tempting mate.. really like the idea.. good to have something seperating your gear from others at a busy pitchside :)

If you are having no joy replacing/mending your case I can very very strongly recommend K2 Global in Maidenhead 01628 591182 :

https://www.k2global.co.uk

They picked up my aluminium Rimowa case (the best cases you can get and the wheels don't fall off!) the next day and returned it repaired within 48hrs and all free of any charges under warranty. I had let it roll off a pavement at Sofia airport and its 22kg load only slightly bent the extendable handle. Mind you, Rimowa are awesomely expensive but, like L'Oreal, you're worth it :D

They can also handle claims against airlines etc although I didn't need that service.

Dissapointed no response from peli either from the online form or twitter :(

If you are having no joy replacing/mending your case

Cheers :) but I can deffo fix it myself.. just need to source the latch... wanted Peli to send me one ASAP but nothing yet ....

I've contacted Peli UK twice in the past via email - separated by a few years, and for different cases...

I needed a latch replaced on one case and a wheel replaced on another; on both occasions they sent four of each part (four latches and two pairs of wheel assemblies) at no cost - excellent!

I can't remember how long they took to respond, which means it was neither really quick or unacceptably slow, but I can't complain and they certainly more than honored their lifetime warranty.

Obviously YMMV. I hope they come through for you too.

Last edited:
I am taking up @Canon Bob very kind offer and having two orange latches from him... at larger sporting events with peli cases everywhere mines not going to get mixed up and will be easier to find.. The more I think about it the more I like the idea to be honest :)

I am taking up @Canon Bob very kind offer and having two orange latches from him... at larger sporting events with peli cases everywhere mines not going to get mixed up and will be easier to find.. The more I think about it the more I like the idea to be honest :)
They're on their way Tony.....get your flashing wheels working again and by the end of the week you'll be Accrington's very own "King of Bling" or the "Pearly King of the Pitchside"

They're on their way Tony.....get your flashing wheels working again and by the end of the week you'll be Accrington's very own "King of Bling" or the "Pearly King of the Pitchside"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone pointed out that if I replace the handle with an orange one.... I will have a really happy looking peli case :)

Someone pointed out that if I replace the handle with an orange one.... I will have a really happy looking peli case :)

Hmmm! it might then look(?) like an Amazon parcel ;)

It will attract the possible attention of undesirables

Back