Pembrokeshire Coast (+1 image, 24/07)

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a few days on the Welsh coast with wifey and our hound. Baking hot with blue skies meant the camera stayed in the car most of the time but one evening a load of fog appeared from nowhere, so we had a walk up the coastal path to watch it clear inland and hopefully snap a pic or two. The sky was quite nice at sunset and watching the fog clear was great fun.

Just as the sky cleared, as we walked up,

Coastline, Pembrokeshire [1] by Jason, on Flickr

Sunset was nice,

Coastline, Pembrokeshire [2] by Jason, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely shots!!

The Sea Mist does this at this time of the year down there, you can be down the south of the county in the sun and the North around St Davids can be covered in sea mist/Fog.

I'm guessing you took these by Broad Haven/Newgale judging by view - you captured the area & the light well :)

That was a walk well worth taking :) Lovely tranquil light in the first but that sunset............
What are the white pillars? Something to do with the coast path?
Those a trig points, used to help measure distance etc.

Love No 2 such wonderful warm colours

" The sky was quite nice at sunset"

Top award for understatement. As sky's go, that is as good as it gets.

Both utterly marvellous shots I'd be more than happy to call my own.

Both fantastic but I really like the light in the first one !

That was a walk well worth taking :) Lovely tranquil light in the first but that sunset............
What are the white pillars? Something to do with the coast path?

Agree great colours in both images.

Thanks all. :)

Lovely shots!!

The Sea Mist does this at this time of the year down there, you can be down the south of the county in the sun and the North around St Davids can be covered in sea mist/Fog.

I'm guessing you took these by Broad Haven/Newgale judging by view - you captured the area & the light well :)

Cheers. The mist was quite spectacular and almost eerie - the old John Carpenter horror flick came to mind. :p I reckon we may be back next summer, it's a lovely place and very different to North Wales.

The photos were taken on the coastal path/viewpoint just above the harbour at Porthgain. We were stuffing our faces at the nice bistro in the harbour when the fog showed up. Luckily our car, with my camera bag in the boot, was nearby.

Last edited:
Cheers. The mist was quite spectacular and almost eerie - the old John Carpenter horror flick came to mind. :p I reckon we may be back next summer, it's a lovely place and very different to North Wales.

The photos were taken on the coastal path/viewpoint just above the harbour at Porthgain. We were stuffing our faces at the nice bistro in the harbour when the fog showed up. Luckily our car, with my camera bag in the boot, was nearby.
If you go back, try and get across to Skomer Island for the day or out to Grassholm. Both very photogenic!

Ahhhhh was it called “The Sloop” or something like that? Have heard good things about that place! :)

Both awesome shots. But #2 gets my vote for ambiance alone.

Both great shots and trhe second one is sublime.

We're looking at a booking a week round there in September. Self-catering so we're not tied to meal times. Looking near Fishguard atm but not set in stone.Hope to see dolphins-Porpoises.

Both great shots and trhe second one is sublime.

We're looking at a booking a week round there in September. Self-catering so we're not tied to meal times. Looking near Fishguard atm but not set in stone.Hope to see dolphins-Porpoises.
At that time of the year you'll be in peak Seal Pupping season - spend a day walking around Deer Park you'll see loads on the beaches from the cliff tops :)

At that time of the year you'll be in peak Seal Pupping season - spend a day walking around Deer Park you'll see loads on the beaches from the cliff tops :)
Thanks. I'll see where Deer Park is. Bit late tonight and the AA map is in the car,so I'll do it tomorrow. What's good is that beinbg on a cliff top won't disturb the seal pups.

Thanks. I'll see where Deer Park is. Bit late tonight and the AA map is in the car,so I'll do it tomorrow. What's good is that beinbg on a cliff top won't disturb the seal pups.
Down by Marloes - aim for St Martin's Haven Car Park and there's a circular walk around the headland from there.

Give me a shout if you can't find it - know it well :)

Steller pics....thank you !!!
Wish you included one of the "hound" !!!!
Thanks, again
Steve

Back