pentacon six was broke

Name
Tristan
Edit My Images
Yes
My pentacon six bought from ebay was broken :(, so had to send it back. Decided to try a more reliable known camera for my first venture into film, hope this bloody thing works better.

Anyone know url to a plate i can use to attach to a arca swiss type ballhead?.

500cm.jpg

Pah who cares if it works, if it doesn't it will be the most beautiful paper weight I've ever seen!

Congratulations and welcome to the 'Blad elite!

Of course VH has to be different even with something as basic as fitting the beast to a tripod! The usual issue here is that the majority of tripods have a 1/4" screw and the hole at the bottom of a 'Blad is 3/8"

The cheapest solution is to get a reducing bush and screw it into the hole in the camera. This works after a fashion but unless you use about a gallon of liquid threadlock it is a toss up as to if the bush stays put when you unscrew the tripod.

It may be that you will be able to get a suitable 3/8" screw for your Arca Q/R plate, and this would probably be the best compromise between cost and convenience.

The most elegant solution is the Hasselblad Q/R plate but these are of course a tad on the pricy side although they do come up from time to time on the bay.

As to reliability, I bought my 500 C/M second hand in 1992 and it has an RP serial number indicating that it was manufactured in 1983. I have put 753 120 rolls through it (how sad am I that I have kept a record?) and the only work it has had done on it was replacement of the foam in 2001 (didn't really need it for light sealing but the mirror was getting a tad noisy). The only other issue has been "lens lock" on 3 occasions - user error every time and quickly cured with the screwdriver trick.

Back