Pentax 67 lenses on a Bronica SQAi and vice versa

Name
Sandi Edwards
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi my name is Sandi and I have just joined. I have looked everywhere for an answer to my question but to no avail. Amongst my camera collection, I have a Pentax 67 and a Bronica SQ Ai. I am trying to find if there are adapters to enable me to use the 67 lenses on the Bronni and the Bronni lenses on the Pentax. I have an adapter for the 67 lenses on my Pentax K1ii digital but no matter how I word my searches nothing that comes back in a search is relevant. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has come across a place for supplying adapters.

Sandi

My guess is that If anyone does it, that would be SRB (https://www.srb-photographic.co.uk/).

I've dealt with them on and off for years and they've been reliable. I imagine that mounting a 67 lens on a SQ won't be too hard but going the other way will either be expensive or undoable, due to the SQ almost certainly having a shorter back focus than the 67.

Thankyou Andrew. I would prefer to go the 67 to the SQ Ai route but was also thinking that the other way around may be problematic. I will take a look at SRB and maybe email them to see what they say. Thanks again.

I imagine that an adaptor would require glass elements to make the difference in flange distance work. I'm not sure about the SQA, but my Bronica ETR had leaf shutter lenses, while the 67 used a curtain shutter.

SQA, but my Bronica ETR had leaf shutter lenses, while the 67 used a curtain shutter.
You're right!

I ran a SQ for a while so I should have remembered that. I was getting confused with the "S" series, with their focal plane shutters.

It begins to seem like a not worth the trouble job.

Back