Pentax 67 Non Metered Prism Auto

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I was out shooting a few pictures yesterday when I realised that I had managed to knock my 105mm f2.4 into auto mode, however I do not have a metered prism fitted. Does anyone have any idea if the pictures I took will be with the aperture and shutter speed I had it set to or are they going to be random?

Any help would be appreciated!

Auto on the lens means that it automatically stops down to your desired aperture during an exposure. It'll stop down to whatever you set it to when you release the shutter, so your exposures won't be affected. Manual is for previewing the depth of field (i.e you can adjust the aperture ring and the iris will close/open regardless of whether your tripped the shutter or not). Auto means you can focus with the lens wide open and have a bright viewfinder to do so which is easier to focus with.

Last edited:
Auto on the lens means that it automatically stops down to your desired aperture during an exposure. It'll stop down to whatever you set it to when you release the shutter, so your exposures won't be affected. Manual is for previewing the depth of field (i.e you can adjust the aperture ring and the iris will close/open regardless of whether your tripped the shutter or not). Auto means you can focus with the lens wide open and have a bright viewfinder to do so which is easier to focus with.
Awesome news, thank you very much!

Back