Pentax 67

Name
Imogen
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I'm new to talk photography (and forums), so bear with me!

I'm a photography student, and have been on the search for a Pentax 67; they seem to be very much in demand at the moment, and are mightily expensive!

I just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone might know of any places other than eBay to find a 67, or even if someone is wanting to sell theirs!

I rented out one recently with the 105mm lens, so have a basic understanding of the camera, but I'm now hoping to find one of my own.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Imogen

I’d suggest dealers like MPB, Ffordes, google used photographic equipment and see if there’s a dealer near you. As you say they’re not going to be cheap, try and look at a Mamiya RB67 / RZ67 as an alternative

Welcome. It's great that more and more people are interested in film photography, and you'll find a thriving sub-species of photographer on this site (which includes me) who enjoy working with and playing with vintage analogue cameras.
I'm a particular fan of Pentax cameras of all shapes and sizes, although I don't have a 67 for the reason you have discovered; also because it's a beast of a piece of kit as you will have discovered! I will point out that there are several versions of the 67, each with it's own issues and foibles (although I have only discovered this through reading up on this camera). You might want to do more research to establish which version you want, should you find one that fits your budget.
GordonM's recommendations above are good; I'd point you also at Mifsud's, and West Yorks Cameras, who both do a good line in used film cameras and usually have some medium format gear available. Prices though will be steep, because of the recent renewed interest in the medium.
Good luck in your search, and don't be a stranger, please join in the forum and share your work, whether for critique or not.

There is also the rather fabulous and wallet-deadly usedlenses.co.uk which will search for text on a high number of 2nd hand dealer websites as well as eBay. It'll find cameras as well as lenses.

Welcome to TP Imogen!

Back