Pentax 6x7

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone on here have and use a Pentax 6x7?

And more specifically, has anyone successfully used one of these 35mm conversion kits:

ebay link

I'd be interested in hearing if/how you got it fitted and working.

Thanks

Yeah, I know that would give me more cropping options from a full 6x7 neg/tranny.

Interested in the variety and availability of 35mm though. Also the restriction of the landscape format is intriguing too...

Hi, years ago when money was tight and the need to make full use of what you had was a must, I would double the use of film by using a piece of black card to cover half the lens and take a double exposure on one frame, covering the top then the bottom giving two pan type images. If you took both shots from the same spot using a tripod and the same aperture and overlapping the central part of the scene an extreme pan was possible. A bit hit and miss I know but with a bit of trimming from the central part of the image where the top and bottom exposures joined it worked quite well. The resulting image would have the same resolution as a 35mm pan, but you lose the advantage of the full frame resolution, the reason why one uses a MF camera in the first place.

Hehe... I used to do that. ^^^^^ :D

I'm just jealouis he's got a Pentax 6X7!

Back