Pentax Film Camera Haul !!

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Found a bloke locally disposing of all his film stuff from the 70's thats been in his loft for 30 years. He goes by the name of "Dirty Barry" so I am a bit unsure about developing the half used roll of 36exp that was left in one camera!!!

Anyway here goes:

5850113656_e6b6f7da54_z.jpg

5849562525_842023477a_z.jpg

5850121280_9514f19ee8_z.jpg

5850147614_593e19dd60_z.jpg

All in 7 cameras and 20 lenses, ever ready cases etc. The majority of the lenses are super-takumar M42's and about 3 bayonet lenses including:

M42 mount
4 55mm f1.8
2 28mm f3.5
1 50mm f4
2 105mm f2.8
2 135mm f3.5
1 135-200mm f3.5-5.6
1 200mm f4
1 500mm f8.8 mirror!!
right angle opticle

Bayonet
1 50mm f1.4
1 50mm f1.7
1 50mm f2
1 28mm f3.5
1 135mm f2.5
1 200mm f4

:)

Wow! And I thought I had a decent amount of Pentax gear (there's 3 bodies sitting on my table next to me at the moment). And Pentax's manage to pull off the brass look wonderfully. How are they all mechanically?

i'll be looking for a cheapish film camera next month, so if you fancy getting rid of one - let me know :D

Mechanically they are all perfect, one of the ES's has that worn through to the brass thing going on, very war correspondant!

I am pretty taken with it if I say so myself!!!

Off to find some film this week and download some pentax operating manuals, also need to find a bunch of 1.5v watch batteries!!!!!!

I think... I'm fairly sure... yep, I hate you :D
Nicely done on getting that lot sir

I sometimes feel like I'm a 7dayshop promoter, but they have a line of 5 for £1.59. They are probably not going to be amazing batteries, but the drain on old Pentax batteries is so small that they will still last yonks, especially since you probably won't have all of these bodies on the go at once.

The M42 105 f/2.8s sound lovely!

Cheers guys, I have a bit of a mixed bag of batteries to get I reckon, was going to try a load of 1.5vs for the es2 and the ME's but the ES's has old 6v KS28 single stumpy battery in it. Can i stack 4 1.5v watch batteries in that one??

7 day shop seems fantastic!!

I'm not entirely sure, I know some of them can be made makeshift, but I don't really know much about the M42 Pentax bodies. However, you can get those 6V for reasonably cheap, see this thread about them.

Use these for replacing the batteries in the Spotmatics (but not the ES series):

http://www.weincell.com/

They give out the correct voltage so it doesn't affect the metering.

The Spotmatic F, at least according to the interwebs (see here) had a bridge circuit which meant the metering was independent of the voltage supplied by the battery, so the metering shouldn't be affected by a 1.5V battery anyway.

erm I could easily spend time polishing all that lovely gear..I use silicon polish (for dashboards etc) of course don't use it on the lens glass.

I'm rather envious of your haul! Won't be long before it looks like that in here though!

Are you buying some then Alan? I am shopping today for an M42 to micro 4/3rds adaptor. That's just opened up a whole heap of possibilities however when I mentioned it to my other half last night she did say "oh are you keeping all that stuff then??!!!"

Yes, I'm on the hunt for an ME Super and an MX to add to my collection of Pentax bodies, just for the hell of it mainly, although I reckon I'll get a lot of use out of them too.

I'm sure a few people on here would be interested in a bit of that lot, myself included. I actually like the images you've posted, what were they done with?

I'm sure a few people on here would be interested in a bit of that lot, myself included. I actually like the images you've posted, what were they done with?

From memory it was my d700, 17-35 f2.8 and a tweak in lightroom. They are only sitting on the bench in my garage !!!!

Gonna give them a whirl in the classifieds on here before ebay, what do you reckon?

As a bit of a Pentax collector myself, I'm impressed, particularly the ES's. Really quite fancy one of them myself.

The black MX is my favourite of all. Great camera.

As a bit of a Pentax collector myself, I'm impressed, particularly the ES's. Really quite fancy one of them myself.

The black MX is my favourite of all. Great camera.

I am writing a thread as we speak!! will list the M42 stuff first as its of most interest with an adaptor some of those lenses will be ace on micro 4/3.

The mirror foam on the black mx is not great though Iain unfortunately but I suppose its a simple fix!!

The ES that looks like its been in the war with brassing showing through on the penta and the bottom plate is a favourite already.

There seems to be adaptors for all cameras these days to take M42 lenses. There are some crackers out there if you dont mind manually stopping them down to meter.

I have done the mirror foam before on an MX, can't remember having any difficulties doing it. Its common with old Pentax's. Just Google 'Pentax Sticky Mirror'!

I actually meant my own MX!

Ahh, apologies - I thought someone else had eyesight as crummy as mine (the font they wrote the 'E' of ME can be quite difficult to read when you have a bit of JPG compression). Black MXs do look nice, and Pentax bodies of that era tend to pull off the brassy look very well - the ESs are a shining example - although I'm more than satisfied with my silver MX and am trying to prevent myself becoming a collector :LOL:

Check that the ES series ones work first, most of them don't due to the circuit board in the base cracking or the components failing. Its extremely difficult to get repaired and as so most repairers won't touch the ES series.

I got one last year that was a bit beaten up (wanted the lens on it, a pristine SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5!) and that had the circuit board problem along with a whole host of other problems. Still the £34 was worth it just for the lens.

Tell me about it! I've got three silver and one black MX :bonk:

I'm trying to prevent myself, since I already have too many cameras. I've got 3 Pentax K-Mount bodies now (after having 2 for a long time), going to get rid of it when possible I think. I think they are truly wonderful things. The M42 stuff does look interesting, but the amount of micro 4/3rds interest puts the prices up (and as a result, my interest down! :LOL:) - and they don't practically offer me anything that the K-Mount stuff won't give me.

My bad its a straight ME in black not a MX!!!!

Batteries should arrive for the ES's and the spotmatic tomorrow that will tell what state the electronics are in, if they meter great, if not they are at least still useable metering via another source. Checked the ME / ME SE and ME Super's metering tonight using an external lightmeter and they seemed to meter pretty much spot on! (they use the LR44 batteries though so no voltage irregularity to introduce and error).
I am thinking of keeping the knackered worn through to the brass ES as it just looks so cool, currently its on a shelf in my office:)

What an awe-some collection. I myself Love Pentax and have quite a few of them. That you have a few of the black bodies is so very cool!!!

The ES series actually bucked the trend in that nearly all the bodies are black and Pentax's normal silver was only sold in small quantities as a special option.

What an awe-some collection. I myself Love Pentax and have quite a few of them. That you have a few of the black bodies is so very cool!!!

The ES series actually bucked the trend in that nearly all the bodies are black and Pentax's normal silver was only sold in small quantities as a special option.

Cheers guys! would you believe I popped a battery in the really knackered looking ES (the one with all the brassing on it) and it meters perfectly or at least very acceptably at any rate.

Something to be gained when using a camera that shot to hell looking!

How do you think that camera got so well worn....

because it worked well, so it was the first one that the precious owner(s) reached for!

It's like my old grandad used to say - if you want something done quickly, ask a busy bloke... same principle (y)

Back