Pentax K100D Super or Olympus E-410?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

First post - I hope you all can give me your opinion.

As per the title really - I currently have a K100D Super with 18-55 kit lens and 55-200 Sigma.

I have the chance to get an Olympus E-410 DZ with 14-42 and 75-150 kit lenses. (I think)

Would this be a worthwhile upgrade?

I know the pentax has IS, and the olympus does not, but could do with some other points of view.

Ed

Olympus as live-view. The 14-42mm & 50-150mm ED glass the ones with a blue ring around the lens are great kit lenses, Its got a smaller sensor than the Pentax but if its portability the Olympus is a good choice, if you gan live without the grip.

The Olympus would make a brilliant travel kit but unless you are really keen on a 4/3rds system I would stick with your Pentax and upgrade through the Pentax range.Pentax also have a large range of heritage lenses that work with their modern DSLRs.The 410 does not have live view as far as I know.
Pete.

I can vouch for the pentax ,i used to have one ,great build quality ,great photos ,good value for money.. and every lens Pentax made will work on this body ,i had some nice old primes that were 20-25yrs old, brilliant results .50mm F2 for a tenner can't beat it (y)

The Olympus would make a brilliant travel kit but unless you are really keen on a 4/3rds system I would stick with your Pentax and upgrade through the Pentax range.Pentax also have a large range of heritage lenses that work with their modern DSLRs.The 410 does not have live view as far as I know.
Pete.

Sorry Wombat the E410 does have live-view, well the one I had did :LOL:. In fact think from the 410 all the current Olympus range have it.

Sorry Wombat the E410 does have live-view, well the one I had did :LOL:. In fact think from the 410 all the current Olympus range have it.

Apologies Outlaw---I was getting confused with the Oly in camera stabilisation system.I looked at several cams as a replacement for my travel kit over Xmas and Ive obviously forgotten the fine detail.
Cheers,
Pete.

Hi

First post - I hope you all can give me your opinion.

As per the title really - I currently have a K100D Super with 18-55 kit lens and 55-200 Sigma.

I have the chance to get an Olympus E-410 DZ with 14-42 and 75-150 kit lenses. (I think)

Would this be a worthwhile upgrade?

I know the pentax has IS, and the olympus does not, but could do with some other points of view.

Some good deals on the Pentax K20D appearing. Probably a new model about to displace it, but it is highly regarded and very strongly built.

Ed

Back