Pentax K10D - What Lens?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I've just taken receipt of a Pentax K10D (I know, I know) and I have an issue with the kit lens trying to rip my fingers off every time it focuses. To this end, can any of you good people recommend a half tidy replacement? I'm quite happy with the focal length of the kit lens it's just the questionable quality that's bugging me. I've been looking at the Sigma 24-60mm which is on offer at WE at the moment but I've read a couple of iffy reviews about it (poor focusing mainly). Anybody on here have any experience of the Sigma or any other suggestions?

Steve.

Budget depending:

16-50 f/2.8

Or (used to be supplied as kit lens, so not sure if this is the one you have already)

16-45 f/4

I think your best plumping for the first option, even if it envoles saving for a couple of months.

King.

Thanks King. The lens I have is a kit 18-55 and it's tack with a capital 'T'. I like what I read about the 16-50 f2/8 but I was hoping for something a bit less expensive I must admit. Still Christmas is coming and I suppose the kit lens will let me get used to the camera between now and then. Thanks again.

Steve.

Thanks King. The lens I have is a kit 18-55 and it's tack with a capital 'T'. I like what I read about the 16-50 f2/8 but I was hoping for something a bit less expensive I must admit. Still Christmas is coming and I suppose the kit lens will let me get used to the camera between now and then. Thanks again.

Steve.

Thats good to hear, you are better off waiting and plumping for that special glass.

You have bought yourself a fantastic camera. It has won many awards and delivers great quality pictures.

There are a few more lenses on route, a 200mm f/2.8, 300mm f/4 and a 90-250 f/2.8. All pro grade and weather sealed. Pentax have pulled their finger out, now lets hope they deliver.

Back