Pentax k30,Samsung NX30 or FZ1000

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok guys my son wants one of the above mainly for everyday use,low light and a bit of wildlife and can't decide, he likes everything about the nx30 and knows 200mm is as far as it goes with lens length where as he could get 300mm without spending a fortune with the k30 either way each would about the same price here in the UK. I suggested the FZ1000 but would the IQ not be as good? I want the fz1000 at some point but not at £750 as i'm not interested in 4k, i'd rather it had a touch screen and 600mm, would have snapped it up then. Ive always had canon or fuji so know little about the other cameras

you could check dxo for iso, the k30 is a dslr? So he can get a fast prime on that which would help a lot too

The k30 is a brilliant camera. I've got one and it's just excellent for image quality and usability. I'm lusting after a fuji xt1 at the moment, but can't justify it to myself, partly on the grounds of cost, but also because I don't think it will offer me that much more in terms of image quality. The 16mp sensor in the K30 is the same as that in pentax 's previous gen flagships and is really a gem.

Well if low light is a priority you can write off a bridge like the fz1000.

Last edited:
I presume he means image noise, i.e. grain when using high iso settings. Having said that, I thought the Pentaxes were quite good in that respect. I think if you want to shoot wildlife you should research what long lenses are available for your prospective camera. A focal length of 400mm is usually accepted as being a minimum for small birds for instance.

I have a k30, and one of the good things about is that in Pentax you can pick cheaper sh lens to see which suit you quite cheaply.

Yes don't worry about the noise thing I mis read something lol
The k30 does seem to be most peoples pick

Back