pentax k7 owners thread.

hi all just thought i would see who hs a k7 here and see if they have any tips or secrets they wanna share.
i have only had mine for 2 days and im loving it and the video.
do you think there could be any improvements,

so dont be shy speak your mind,

Very interested to your thoughts on the K7 against the D300

Love my K7 - I was very happy with my K20 and was planning on keeping it for the next few years, but lucked out and got one of the cheap Techfurb k7s, so my k20 is now on the classifieds! It's a lovely little camera - very refined and lots of little changes from the k20d that were for the better.

In most reviews I've read the K7 wipes the floor with the D300 although I think the D300 had an edge on noise control.

If you use raw then nothing much in it .. Pentax always were crap when it came to in camera jpeg processing (which is why they got mediocre reviews with regard to IQ).

I wouldn't say the K-7 wipes the floor with the Nikon, D300 has much better AF and faster fps, K-7 has full weather sealing, much more compact body and inbody IS so depends what you want from a camera.

Hopefully Pentax will rectify the AF with a (maybe 2) new model announcement in September.

The camera body is small and light, easy to hold and operate. (K10 before)

I have long fingers but found no problem in holding and operating the camera, which in comparison to a Kx that I tried is a lot better (in my opinion).

BR

Back