Pentax lens on Canon body... converter advise needed!

Edit My Images
No
I have a Canon EOS 650D and I'd like to be able to use my SMC Pentax-F 35-80mm F4-5.6 lens on it but I'm struggling to figure out what kind of converter I should be buying...

Will a cheap mount adapter ring do the trick?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
You should be able grab a PK-Eos adapter for around £10.....or a chipped version for a little more.
Does this lens have a manual focus ring? If it doesn't then you're not going to be able to use it on a Canon body.

Bob

Last edited:
Cheap convertor ring will do the job, but beware that some Pentax/ PK fit lenses aperture lever will need to be cut down to clear the mirror

Cheap convertor ring will do the job, but beware that some Pentax/ PK fit lenses aperture lever will need to be cut down to clear the mirror
As an ex-Pentax user, can I please ask Canon users to stop butchering perfectly good Pentax lenses? Especially since there's now a full-frame Pentax DSLR available! If you're looking at an older prime, then it's easy enough on most of them to pop the back plate off and disconnect the aperture lever in a reversible way!

You should be able grab a PK-Eos adapter for around £10.....or a chipped version for a little more.
Does this lens have a manual focus ring? If it doesn't then you're not going to be able to use it on a Canon body.

Bob
It does have a manual focus ring yeah so should all work out fine - thanks for the help!

If you have Pentax lenses, it might be an idea to just get a Pentax DSLR to use them on.:)

Back