People and a Bridge, Shrewsbury

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry its just the one image.

11966206114_5fda8f78dd_c.jpg

When I do stuff like this I always wait for someone to make it to a position where they are obviously the main subject, that woman walking towards you would have been ideal :)

As it is its a good exposure of a tricky lighting and is a good B&W conversion too, so try to be a bit braver with your timing and you're sorted :)

Dave

I like the use of leading lines from the bridge, but i just feel like i'm looking into nothing. As dave said, the woman on the phone would of made a great focal point, but for me she just isn't standing out enough for me to be interested.

Danny

Sorry Carl but I agree about the lack of a focal point - had you taken the shot a few seconds later when the woman on the phone was the nearest one to you it may have worked better.
Again, as Dave says, a lower viewpoint would have emphasized the angles of the bridge more, giving it more impact.
Looks like a place to hang out at for plenty of future shots though !

thanks everyone :) im a bit rusty on the street photography and did just grab it as quickly and inconspicuously as possible, will get a bit more brave the more I do it :D

I like the lines & the shadows and the monochromeness. Sort of an abstract feel to it and I think it would work well on a waiting room wall or similar. Just an early morning musing from me...............

Back