Perceptol

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have any advice for using Perceptol compared to a normal liquid developer like ilfotech hc (the developer I use)? I like the fact that it apparently gives reduced grain and increased sharpness but it seems best suited to films like fp4 and delta 100. I usually push hp5 when I use it.

The Ilford info says is produces finer grain with HP5+ as well, but I doubt you'll get much improvement if you're going to push the HP5+? https://www.ilfordphoto.com/perceptol-product
It also produces significantly finer grain in faster films such as, DELTA 400 PROFESSIONAL, HP5 PLUS and DELTA 3200 PROFESSIONAL (when compared with a standard fine grain developer).

Well Ben you had the answer to reducing grain but you got rid of your 645 and RB67 ;)

Well Ben you had the answer to reducing grain but you got rid of your 645 and RB67 ;)
Lol, Ive bought a 6x6 folder since then! Couldnt get rid of the 120 film itch! That being said I used hp5 in the 645 at 400 last year and it was very grainy! Was developed in ilfosol 3 though, don’t thjnk that does much for grain

Back